1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Happenings and Loneliness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by A Person, May 20, 2015.

1. A Person

Sorry I haven't been around much, I've had a lot of stress and other emotions cutting away at me.

Basically the point of this thread is that I've had some bad moments with boys since I was last pretty active.

I got really close to somebody that lives near me. I came out to my parents so we could meet and hopefully lead to a relationship. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way, as he told me that my problems with myself were not what he wanted in a person and he wanted to be "friends". Yet I find out at the same time he said this to me that he's met someone else and it appears to be going in that direction for them. While he didn't even mention this a reason or even something happening until I asked, I feel both hurt and well, alone. He said he wanted to be friends so he could help, but we never talk anymore and whatever responses I do get are empty. Just things like "lmao" or "nice". I literally know zero other gay guys not online to reach out to if I need help, and I don't know where to go from here.

Any advice appreciated

2. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey bud!

Truly, he sounds like a total dick, for lack of a better word. If he can't accept you and your "problems", whatever they may be, then he's not even good enough to be a friend, let alone something more. Not to mention the dick move of ditching you for someone else without telling you or anything.

Just always remember you have us here, bud. Even if you don't have any gay guys to reach out to in person...you do have us. It may not be perfect, but we're gonna be here for you.

Also, just move forward. Everything will hurt more if you just dwell in "what was/could have been." You just need to look at the future and move past this dick.

Best of luck and feel free to talk to me about anything whenever!
    *hugs*

3. MrSkittles

I'm sorry this happened to you. I would just move on from this guy and find someone who will actually care about you. You have everyone on here to talk to. If you need someone to talk to I would love to listen.

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that this happened to you. [​IMG]
    Unfortunately, not all 15-year olds (or teenagers for that matter) are mature enough to handle dating properly and respectfully. Don't take his rude actions to heart - he'll most likely grow up a little bit and realize it was pretty disrespectful.

If you need anybody to talk to, EC is a wonderful resource.
    Take care.

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the world of unfathomable people, and random dickheads

Need to put this one behind you and move on. Learn something from it and make new opportunities for yourself in the future

6. Schloss

Out Status:
    Some people
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. The only thing is that you're probably newly getting acquainted to the world of heartache. Your experiences make you stronger, even if you don't think so at this point in time.

At the same time, talking with other people and especially those who are willing to give a listening ear, will make the pain less. Loneliness hurts the most I would say. Feel free to hit me up if you want to. :slight_smile:

7. ainsworth70

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I totally agree. Just move on. Some people are not worth of our time and energy.

8. Lyr110

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey!

Fair play for coming out to your parents. Now you get to experience assholes like him, but in all honesty, one asshole teaches you so many lessons, and I can tell you for a fact right now that if I didn't meet all the assholes I've met, I wouldn't be half the person I am today. Take what he has done to you, harness it, think about, make it positive moving forward, and don't let it happen again. You control your own loneliness. Loneliness is not actually being alone, but feeling in your own head that you have no one, but you do. You have yourself, and through it all you'll learn that you are your own most important person, and you deserve respect, which said boy has denied you, because he is selfish. Give it time, and in years to come you'll be in an established, beautiful relationship because you show understanding of values and traits, important factors and that makes you ten times the person now that he could ever hope to be :slight_smile:.

9. A Person

Thank you all!

I've been moving on slowly, really hurts but I'm doing it. I'll be sure to reach out here more, I've neglected the opportunities here. \

My one concern though is regarding the loneliness. I know some of it comes from my own preconceptions. However, sometimes I do reach out to friends somehow, and get zero response or anything. Plus, I don't know that many LGBT people, especially other guys, outside of here really. I don't where to find someone who would understand that aspect more.

10. Lyr110

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never personally had the struggle of not having other gay people to confide in as I know a lot of gay people, and have mostly be surrounded by gays a lot. Perhaps there are others who are closeted and afraid to come out, and to be honest, this is likely, as at 15 many boys, and girls, would find it hard to accept the homosexual aspect of themselves, and be living in depths of denial. It will get a lot easier, and whilst now things seem difficult and unruly, it'll get easier. Don't dwell on the loneliness, and find a friend who can learn to get to know you. They don't need to be gay to understand how your brain works and how you think, you just need a common set of thought processes and patterns, and just to throw ideas off them. Let it all out just calm. Maybe you could also vent your own thoughts through other means, feelings of conflict and loneliness could be exterminated by writing them down or chanelling them into something, like a blog. People are of course ideal however. You're only starting out in the LGBT world, and it's such a vast community, but you're not limited to that community. There is always someone who cares, and please remember you are never alone. Your famiily love you, your friends love you and you don't need some crappy little boy who treats you like crap to make you think otherwise. Be happy :slight_smile:!

11. A Person

I do have a Tumblr where I way too often vent my feelings, so that's a good suggestion. I guess the reason I wish I could feel more in the community is because only my parents know, so I don't know if my family would be ok with it. I'm actually sure at least one third of my family wouldn't based on things they've said before. Only some of my friends know, and out of the....10(?) that know, I only told like 4. The rest just found out through them and that scares me because I've never even mentioned it to them and they just know, and I can tell its a little different.

I don't know really, I'm just worried