1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casual Sex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Runner5, May 22, 2015.

1. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A year ago it wasn't something that I thought I'd be interested in, but now that I've actually been in a relationship my viewpoint on sex has changed quite a bit. Now I'm quite open to the idea, but was wondering what other people's experiences were.

2. Gen

Gen

While I do not personally partake, it has everything to do with my current mindset rather than it violating my values or anything such as that. Casual sex is given an endless amount of stigma; however, it is very similar to alcohol consumption in that the way that you go about it is everything. As long as you are taking precautions to protect yourself and being wise about the people that you pick out of a crowd, you will be no worse off than the millions of people in the world that are partaking in it as we speak.

I find that stigma surrounding it in the LGBTQ community especially problematic because the majority of LGBTQ people do not have as many sexual or romantic experiences heterosexual counterparts. When the amount of general experiences that they might statistically have is only a fraction of their heterosexual counterparts, it seems ridiculous to demonize them for having casual experiences.

But I digress. As long as it is something that you are thoughtful about, then you should be fine.

3. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I've never gone for casual sex before & up until recently didn't think it would ever be something I was interested in. But I've started thinking about it more & more lately, just for the hell of it. Like Gen said, as long as you're safe there's nothing wrong with it.

4. stumble along

Yeah, really the idea is based off of two things.
    1. safety and use of common sense, for obvious reasons
    2. A strong sense of self worth. It kind of ties into number one, but avoid letting horniness make the decisions, you'll elevate your risk of both danger and not having a pleasant time (mostly the latter since your use of common sense and safety will leave you at a lower risk to begin with.) If you're going to take tge c risk of casual sex at least do it with someone you'd associate with outside of sex. Don't put up with fuckboys or garbage.

And I guess for the record I do partake in the casual sex, very much.

5. Sek

Sek

Casual sex does have risks for, and effects on, mental and physical health. It's important to not be over indulgent and partake in moderately. As long as it's responsible I see no problem with it, but personally I am more in favour of sex within a relationship. :slight_smile: