1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friends with benefits??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ThatguyOlly, May 22, 2015.

1. ThatguyOlly

Hey, I've been having sex with a good friend for a few months now. At first it was fun and established as casual, but now I think she (my friend) is developing romantic feelings for me. Unfortunately I don't share those feelings. I really don't want to hurt or upset her. But maybe we should stop?

It's more awkward because we both have issues concerning sex. I am a pre-T transgender guy who experiences dysphoria. She has had bad sexual experiences in the past.

I'd say we're both insecure and I don't want to make her feel undesirable by stopping. I also feel like she's the only one that I'm comfortable enough to have sex with and she understands my boundaries.

I don't know what to do. Any advice would be welcome :slight_smile:

2. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would say that it is not fair to the woman that you continue having sex if she is developing feelings for you. If you are not interested in a relationship you should not hurt her by perpetuating casual sex. You may feel that only this girl understands your boundaries. You are comfortable with this girl and that's normal but you should challenge yourself and start being more comfortable with others. Don't be afraid to start something new. I hope this helps at least a bit. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. ThatguyOlly

@still ill
    Okay. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: I'm just nervous of upsetting her I guess

4. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's always going to be hard to let someone know you don't feel the same way but if you continue pursuing her, her feelings may get even stronger and it will get even harder. I hope everything works out for you. Best wishes.