1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sister filled with hostility

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, May 23, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok my 20 year old sister just like my older sister hates me for no reason I think of. There is something wrong with everything I do. There is no room for agreement. I tried to explain myself to her many times by text and stuff like that and now that I moved back home because my bf died among other things she has been overly hostile towards me and rude towards everything i think or feel. Even the littlest things aggravate and cause her to point out flaws like how I spend my money or my time. Or if i skip a shower once every other day or if I eat too loud. I know sisters are like this but the fact since we are older she should not be treating me this way. She is going down the same dark path my older sister took where she pretty much holds this grudge against me and builds a wall up so nothing I say matters. Like my older sister they don't care who is gay or who is not but me being gay is the worse thing possible for them. Everything i do is pretty much selfish and I can barely say anything without her giving me crap. I could ignore her but it seems impossible to do cause she goes out of her way to make me feel stupid. I need advice.

2. wasgij

I don't really know the wider context, but it sucks that you feel like you have to keep justifying your existence to them.

I just had this crazy thought that you should get a black t-shirt and make a custom label that says "My sisters made me gay" :icon_bigg
    You know, sometimes there's just nothing you can do apart from poking fun back at the situation that you're in. You know it's ridiculous and BS, so why not?

But apart from that it sounds like they might be projecting some OCD onto you. They feel bad about themselves, so in order to feel better, they make you their whipping boy.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. It is pretty much uncontrollable. It is like my younger sister is nick picking every little detail desperate to find something wrong with everything I do. I just don't get where it comes from and why I would deserve it so it is pathetic. I think the best thing to do for now is ignore it and just don't respond.

4. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is just speculation, but often when someone looks for fault in others it comes from hiding faults in oneself. She sounds like she is lashing out at you, finding flaws in you to hide her own issues. Maybe she is gay herself? Or perhaps she has a lot of self-hatred.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well she never had a bf or expressed strong interest in boys. She has only gone as far as saying this boy is hot or whatever. It is just speculation but me coming out and being myself and making myself happy could been seen as threat to her and she views it as selfish because she sees it as she does not want to burden people with news like that I and I took that chance and so on. Interesting theory but I cannot think of a real reason why should she would hide besides fears of friends rejecting her. There is weird thing in my small town of mostly gay men and no lesbians. I am trying to figure out where it is coming from with no real luck and tried to find common ground but it does not work.