1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I too 'straight' for her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by astraflower, May 23, 2015.

1. astraflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 23 and I've only ever been in straight relationships, and only ever had sexual contact with men. I had a few crushes on girls throughout my teens, but I never had the freedom (grew up in a religious family :icon_sad:slight_smile: to do anything about it, or even admit them to other people.

Recently I moved from home and found freedom. And I've also fallen in love with a girl.

But I don't know whether I have a chance with her. She's a lesbian, and I know she finds me attractive, and we get along well, but perhaps she wouldn't entertain being romantically (or even sexually) involved with me? Maybe she wouldn't take me seriously because I'm a, for lack of a better term, 'lesbian virgin'? I don't want her to think I'm just some college girl looking to experiment... this isn't even about sex. I get genuine butterflys when I'm with her and even though I'm completely sexually inexperienced, there's nothing I could imagine missing about being with a man if I was with her.

I don't even know if she knows I want her, but short of making a move on her I have no idea how I would let her know.

Forgive my ignorance, but do lesbians generally avoid bisexual/bi-curious girls? Is there a chance that she won't give me a chance?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yeah, some lesbians have an elitist attitude and think It's gross if someone else has been with men in any way shape or form. It's actually pretty common although I don't condone it. If this is her, she's not worth it.

3. astraflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    no, that isnt her. I think she may have slept with a man or two also. But she is definitely some who identify as gay, and her ex girlfriends are the same.

I'm just worried that as someone who is only just allowing homosexual feelings to develop, I would be unattractive to her, maybe because of the chance that I'm not really serious in my affections?

when in reality I wish she could know how I feel about her

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I think there are some that wouldn't be interested for whatever reason but that's there loss, give the girl a chance if she is as amazing as you think she is then And she likes you I am sure she will give it a go :slight_smile:.

5. Lyana

Hi astraflower,

It's really going to depend on the person. Yes, it's possible that to her your inexperience may be a dealbreaker, but it's by no means a given. The first girl I got involved with is gay, had only been in relationships with women, and was far from being a lesbian virgin. If she had any doubts or insecurities because of my experiences with men, she was willing to ignore them.

Are you out to this girl as bi? Because that's clearly the first step. She needs to know there's a potential for something before she really considers it! And then, of course, you flirt. Eye contact. Brief touches -- then more lingering ones. Teasing. Making her laugh. Everything you can think of, anything that gets those butterflies going in your stomach.

Another thing -- bisexual is one thing, bi-curious another. Pretty sure more women would date a woman who identified as bisexual, rather than bi-curious. You sound like you're genuinely attracted to this girl, so why "curious"?

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Awww! So cuteee!!!

Yes you do have a chance omg.. I am a Lesbian right.. and inexperience would never bother me if I was 23 or 25 or whatever and had loads of experience with women! Aw.. well if she thinks you're attractive then I think you should test the waters! She might catch on and ask you out! Does she know about you're sexuality? Or does she just think your straight?

Good luck! So adorable and I don't even know why! I'm in a smitten mood right now! ♥

7. Debora

Debora Guest

Hello Astra :wink:
    Well, a lot of us avoid bi an curious girls, because usually, when they want to creat a family, the live their lesbian girlfrind to create a family with a man, because they like him and then it's the easiest way. Personally, I'm a bit mistrustful to them because of the reason I explained, but not because they let a man touch them, because that reason is stupid and discriminating (and unfortunately a lot of lesbians avoid some girls for that reason), then everyone should be free to live every experience he wants.
    You don't seem to be a curious girl, I mean, you seem to be very interested in that girl, so if you tell her what you told us, I'm pretty sure she will give you an opportunity, I would, it doesn't matter if a girls is completely inexperienced, if she's really interested in you, her heart will truly love you. Your friend seems to be interested in you, so try :wink: I think you should tell her what you told us, the same words, because they show a real interested in her. If you can't, let her read what you wrote here.
    Hugs,
    Debora :wink: