1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Friend Likes My Crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thewizard, May 24, 2015.

1. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So yesterday I was talking to me my friend, let's call her E, and somehow we ended up talking about my friend/crush L. E doesn't know I like guys or that I like he but instead of telling her I went along and said I'd give her his Instagram account as long as she Dm'd him. I knew she had a history of wimping out so that was the reason for making her. L doesn't know E yet, but I think this is something that could turn into a relationship. I'd be happy for them if they did get together, but I'm heartbroken because I know L very well, but he'd never see me the way he'd see E. I don't know what to do. Has anyone been in this type of situation before?

2. katwat

Sorry no one else has answered you yet.

I have not been in your situation BUT I will say this. If you KNOW that the guy you have a crush on is 100% not going to be interested in you then it is better for you to try to move on. Hanging on to a crush that has no hope of coming to anything more can block you from being open to other people that might lead to a healthy, happy relationship. It's hard to let go of a crush but sometimes it is just the right thing to do.