1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to be loved and to be held so secure

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aloverofart, May 25, 2015.

1. Aloverofart

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometimes the families we are born into aren't the ones we really need. I am so upset about the sheer ignorance and insensitivity to my feelings and identity that my family has to me. If I came out fully to then they would turn their back easily because their love does not extend that far. I got feelings and they don't know how to because of generational and social ignorance and isolation. Sometimes it's incredibly hard to keep down my upset feelings that I have. About the years of lost and confused and painful existence of being under forgotten, unjust and total oppressive control from Christians and bullied who don't care about loving someone. Someone like me.

Someone like me.

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to feel that way a lot...I'm not the best terms with my family, and their views, well...
    Depression is not real, stop being sad, get over it
    Lgbt is not valid, you're confused if you like the same sex and gender dysphoria is begging for attention
    So if I confided in them about my depression, they'd react terribly, and coming out? Not possible until I'm old enough to move out. They would lock me away from all girls if i told them...I wouldn't even get started on the bullying.

Someone will love you and care about you, don't lose hope in that...itll get better...
    You could try to find friends and stuff, I also know, people here on EC are very supportive and willing to talk if you need it..
    :slight_smile: Hope you feel better...

3. Illus1

I am sending you a warm, tight 10 minutes hug that will go on even after you start feeling awkward and ask me to get off (hugs) (in a total friend bro-like way-ish)

So I totally get you and well the only thing you can do is use that energy/anger you have against them as a positive driving force to change the whole situation for the better.
    That's what many of us have to do, bit by bit and then see the little yet amazing changes that is happening in society. It is better now to be gay than anytime in the recent past and it will just only get better in the future (I hope)

So yes it had to happen that you were born in that family, maybe to make a change and it made you into who you are today.

P.S. Are you very sure you won't be accepted and that their love won't extend or is it your mind telling you that. I mean people's reactions can surprise you maybe they will accept just a teensy bit?

So take care and refocus your anger into something that makes you happy.