1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I exsplain this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Spacesword, May 26, 2015.

1. Spacesword

So after I had a bad trigger of gender dysphoria my mom decided to finally let me go to a gender therapist(I still live with her and she is my ride to most places.) but she doesn't know exactly what that will Intel...she thinks it will 'cure' me, not that it will help me become a guy or whatever.

How on earth can I explain all of this to a sixty some, old fashioned person?

2. Im Hazel

There might be some stuff here. Referring her to websites might not be the best if she is older, but it can help prove to her that this is a real thing, not something made up. Which will probably be her first thought, if she is of that age. Tell her how you feel, though. Tell her how this won't be a magic cure, but it will help you to become happier with yourself, and will stop your dysphoric episodes in the long run.