1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how my family would react?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by emmadances, May 26, 2015.

1. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think at the moment I'm questioning, but thinking probably likely I'll be gay (ie lesbian) seeing as my current crush is on a woman.
    My family are kind of religious. They already know I am an atheist, but as I Am a teenager I think they view it as just a phase, so they are not to mad about that.
    I have told them that I don't wanna get married in the future, just to see what they'd say and I know it wouldn't be "controversial. And they kinda did the same "you will when you are older."

How have you guys talked to your religious parents about this?

Thanks
    Xxx

2. juno14

Good luck! I hope you get more comments since I won't be very helpful as I may not be gay and definitely don't have religious parents haha, but if I were you I'd 'experiment' a bit, and maybe once you have a girlfriend just casually be like 'guys this is my girlfriend'? I have no idea if this is good advice or not, good luck buddy :slight_smile: xxx

3. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, juno14