1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just want to isolate myself

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, May 26, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel sick as I right this. I am not suicidal or anything but I had enough of my mom condescending behavior towards me. I am 24 years old and don't deserve this. She bothers me about church, what food I should't eat, if did my chores, and every little thing. My bf died in February and I had to move back home as that was not hard enough. After all the emails and texts I send my mom i thought we have a mutual understanding eventually but no. For the most part she refuses to understand things from my perspective. She nags me about every little thing along with my little sister and says the most rudest stuff about my past relationship and I cannot handle it anymore. I keep telling myself to shut the hell up because she is gonna be critical about anything and i just want to dig a hole and crawl into it. My dad understands me and accepts my views on things and it has nothing do with my sexuality my mom is ok with that but when my dad disagrees with me my mom gives me a look like "Good job on disagreeing with him." I am tired of it all my life i been listening to my say oh that is just their opinion you need to accept such as bigoted people hating gays and stuff like that. She pushes back everything I say too and it juste hurts. What is the point in talking anymore.

2. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Parents are like that. Much as I love my parents, I was glad to move out when I went to university and would never have moved back in with them. If you want to escape your mother's nagging, only thing to do is move out.

3. wasgij

You have to remember -- or be aware -- that Nature and its "cycle of life" constantly prunes back the strange and the queer. And it actively promotes whatever dirty tactics it takes for genes to be passed on for generations. You could call it survival of the least fit, depending on how you define fitness.

So, if militant parenting, homophobia, being stubborn and unable to understand, "extreme fear that their baby will be hurt by a homophobic outside world" and steering and raising offspring to be straight and narrow makes it more likely that the parent's genes will be passed on further down the line, then that's what will happen. In the insect world, passing on genes sometimes involves biting your mate's head off during sex and eating it -- whatever retarded sh!t it takes!

So I guess you shouldn't be too resentful in your situation. You can try negotiating, but it's just arguing with someone who's programmed not to understand.

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did leave and my boyfriend died last February and I was in a sticky living situation. I sadly wouldn't be in this situation if my bf had not died. My mom is acting the she did before I met my bf and even after I stood up for myself she is now back to her old habits. My dad is fed up with it too.

---------- Post added 27th May 2015 at 08:08 AM ----------

Yeah I agree it pretty much uncontrollable. I think after everything I did to stand up for myself and now this shit I have some right to be resentful. It is like my bf died so now she thinks she can have more control over me. My life is my life and my secrets are my secrets and I damn well doing what i please.