1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had a dream about marrying my girlfriend but...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Par, May 27, 2015.

1. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The priest in my dream had no idea what to call me, sort of stumbling around "man" and "woman" until settling on "person". Does this mean anything or is it just a random dream?
    Also, I'm still in school so the chances of this relationship lasting to marriage are not great. Does this mean I want it to? I'm not sure. Anyone who knows about what dreams mean and stuff?
    Also, should I tell my girlfriend about this or would it freak her out?

2. Sek

Sek

First things first -- relax. This is an imaginary scenario - in real life you would have as much time as you need to get ready for it. In your dream you imagined yourself being tossed into it without notice.

A theory as to why we have dreams is that when we are sleeping, our brains filter through information we've taken in and decides whether it is necessary to keep it or not. That's why during our dreams we sometimes relive experiences we've had recently.

I've also read that one function of dreams is to prepare ourselves for unfamiliar situations which have a perceived threat -- this could be an example.

You've probably had a trigger recently that caused you to assess marriage and its relevance to you. Naturally, you were led to assess whether your current relationship was ready for it. After all, who else is the most fitting bride right now? ..No one!

So don't get worked up over it. It's quite sweet that you had the dream about marrying her but it isn't some kind of sign telling you to get a move on and put a ring on it. Share it with your girlfriend if you feel comfortable. It can be something you both learn to laugh at. :slight_smile:

3. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you :slight_smile: