1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not really friends anymore

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AndySays, May 27, 2015.

1. AndySays

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, it all started when one of my best friends (let's call her D.) invited us to a party for her 18th birthday.

I went to the party with my boyfriend and I was really looking forward to it. I used to be a part of a group of six friends (my boyfriend and I, D, her boyfriend - let's call him S. - and two other friends who, both, couldn't make it for the party) and I liked to think we were really going to stick with each other for a long time. It looked like one of those long-lasting friendships that would go on forever and I had no idea that it was going to end pretty soon.

It all started well, we were having fun; I used to really like S., he's a strange guy, like, he finds slapping everyone's butts very funny and he makes innuendo jokes all the time; I always thought that he was a very open-minded and fun person. His only flaw seemed to be that he was a little homophobic; he said he was okay with LGBTQ+ people, but he never called me by my chosen name and kept using female pronouns even though he knew I didn't like it. He just kind of refused to accept that trans people even exist and this annoyed me very much, but I tried to look past it and ignore his irritable behavior.

This night he was acting the same way, making dirty jokes, teasing everyone and after his second mug of beer he suddenly started trying to make D and me kiss. I didn't mind, it was only a joke anyway, so we did, and this thing went on with S. wanting to kiss me and before we knew it we ended up upstairs in our bedroom with the lights off. It's important to point out that it was S. who proposed this, it was him who started the kissing thing first, and it was him again who switched the lights off. We all lay in the bed, D. next to my boyfriend, and S. basically smashing me under his body. We didn't do much (this isn't a sex story, don't worry, we never went that far) we only kind of made out, though perhaps it wasn't even that. It was just for fun, no feelings involved, and it didn't matter at all.

Suddenly, S. started breathing heavily, then stood up and left the room without saying anything. I tried to ask him what was wrong, but he left me with no answer, so I decided he was feeling a bit sick, so I left him alone.

The rest of the party went normally, without any more kissing and stuff like that, but I noticed that S. had suddenly become very silent and thoughtful. I didn't bother him; I didn't want to upset him somehow and I thought that if there was something worth telling, he'd tell me anyway.

Turns out I was wrong.

On the next morning my boyfriend told me that while I was sleeping, he had heard S. and D. fighting over what had happened last night and turns out that S. was totally not okay with his girlfriend kissing other boys (??? even though he started the whole thing and he personally made us kiss???), he called her a whore and insulted her in many ways. She was angry with him and they almost broke up, but they got back together a few days later. We tried to talk to S. and explain to him that if we knew he was against this thing we would have stopped, and we told him that he should have asked us to end this. However, he seemed to be very disgusted by us and didn't want to listen. He suddenly left the conversation and never responded.

This happened almost a month ago and since then I never spoke to S again. D and him are still going out together, though, and I have the feeling that she's become kind of distant too. We rarely go out with her and when we try to talk about it she says that she was never mad at us, but she still likes her boyfriend and forgives him for everything. Now he keeps treating her like shit and manipulating her and I can see this very clearly, but unfortunately she can't and this problem is about to end my friendship with her too.

I can't believe such horrible people even exist. I'm pretty sure that after what happened he believes even more than before that LGBT people are nasty and disgusting and I don't want him walking around telling everyone how hard we suck. Actually, I don't care. I just want my friend D. back, but I don't think our friendship will ever be the same.