1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling weird about the relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sk8Girl, May 27, 2015.

1. Sk8Girl

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, my best friend for 6 years, told me she was Bisexual when I came out to her right before Christmas. We are really good friends and understand each other pretty good. I really do like her, and we started dating 4 months ago. She's sweet and smart and funny, but sometimes I feel like she doesn't understand me, or thinks I'm just a little kid. She says "aww, your so cute and innocent" and "wow, your such like a little kid! So cute and innocent". Like she doesn't take my views or problems seriously enough. She kind of also thinks she's also a lot smarter, and my ideas are invalid.
    I do like her, and we normally get along very well, I just feel not taken seriously. Some days I feel like I love her so much, and other days I feel like I need to break up, or at least just take a break. I want to meet someone new, a person more like me. But I'm afraid if I break up, our friendship will get weird. I know she wouldn't hold it against me but I don't want it to be awkward. Help?

2. Sek

Sek

Unfortunately, your friend cannot read your mind. You shouldn't expect her to know your every thought and feeling, especially if you are concealing them. So I think next time it happens you should stop her and tell her (in a non-confrontational way) exactly how you feel. You at least owe her the chance to stop before you end things.