1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream guy? aka In love with my neighbour

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Numb, May 27, 2015.

1. Numb

Ok, this is gonna be a really weird post and I'm sorry about that. I'll also try to make it short.
    Around december - started questioning
    Around march/arpil - I had a dream. It was a really weird dream that just makes no sense whatsoever but there was one aspect of that dream that kept bugging me ever since i had it. A guy. In that dream i had a boyfriend. I've never seen him before (or i don't remember seeing him before that dream) and i remember him to this day (not very tall, beard, i even remember his haircut, ginger hair, blue-green eyes).
    Since that dream i have been looking for this guy in literally everyone. I was literally chasing a ghost, paying attention to everyone i passed on the street hoping i'd somehow see him... That didn't happen... Until yesterday
    Yesterday - I can home, took the bus as usual, the bus was full of people i usually see; just the basic everyday bus ride, listening to music unaware of my surroundings. Time to get off the bus, i see this cute guy. I literally stare at him, i dont remember seeing him on the bus before. As we both get off at the same station i keep staring at him.
    I'm walking home thinking "he looks familiar"... And then it hits me. He was the guy in my dream, only difference is he's not ginger, he's natural blond.
    So at this point I'm like what do I do.

Any suggestions please? Cause right now i feel like the dog that's been chasing cars all his life and when he finally found one he didn't know what to do with it.
    I don't know if he's gay (even though my gaydar says he is), and i dont know how i could possibly talk to him if i ever see him again on the bus.

2. Sek

Sek

What an endearing belief and story. But, at the risk of sounding cold, it's not as deeply entwined by 'fate' as you might believe.

You had a dream that was striking and fantastical in nature. It obviously resonated with you for a while, enough for you to look for your dream lover in the real world. It's probable that you had seen him before around the time of your dream and that's why you dreamed him. Your subconscious profile of him was distorted by the brief and neglible time spent accruing it.

...Or you just dreamed up some characteristics which someone happened to match -- not impossible.

If you want to get to know him, there's a few ways you can go about it. I'm a fan of the direct and to the point, "Hey, I think you're attractive and I'd like to get to know you.. Would you like to go on a date?"

Subtler options include (but are not limited to) smiling when you see him, saying hello, building a relationship over time. If he's a regular on the bus journey it wouldn't be outrageous to say hello or smile and eventually get to know him. You could become friends and find out whether he's gay or not.

Good luck. You'll do great! :thumbsup:

#2 Sek, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  3. Numb

Well i know it might be the subconscious, but it just you know it's weird, to have this happen to you.
    And yeah, i would so be direct with him, if we weren't a homophobic country... Like the direct approach wouldn't be my best option.. i'll just try smiling, if he smiles back that might indicate that he's either very nice, or maybe interested.

4. Sek

Sek

Absolutely true. It would be weird to happen.

I'm sorry to hear you're in a homophobic country. I guess I am so priviliged to live in a place where I feel free to be gay that I took for granted not everyone has that. Make sure to keep yourself safe.

If you feel comfortable sharing, may I ask what country you are from out of curiosity?

5. Numb

Romania. :slight_smile::slight_smile: