1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this guy just messing with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dillno21234, May 27, 2015.

1. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi everybody. So recently, I met this very attractive guy and he has a great personality as well. However, he has a girlfriend. I'm not the type to want to humor this (anymore), so I decided to just move on. However, I swear this guy screws with my mind. I don't know why, but he makes it very difficult to move on. Today, we went shopping together. He wanted my advice on jeans. We picked out a few pair, and he went to try on. He came out, and his shirt was partially unbuttoned, exposing his abs. Like why would he have his shirt partially unbuttoned? It just seemed like he wanted me to check him out or something. Then after he chose a pair of jeans, he started telling me about his body. It seemed very flirtatious. He said "Jeans fit me weirdly sometimes. My waist isn't the problem. I just have a bigger butt and package". All I did was just awkwardly agree with him. Like what was I suppose to say? Anyway, other than these instances, he just seems to find me very funny. He laughs a lot at what I say, and seems to enjoy my company. So it's just difficult for me to rid myself of these feelings. Any advice? Do you think what he did was weird? Is that typical guy behavior? Thank you!

2. Synthetik

Have you talked to him about this behavior directly at any point?

To answer your question, though... no, normative straight men don't typically compliment their own physical attributes to other straight men, especially not in that sort of passive-aggressive way.