1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torn-up relationships because of gender/sexuality?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Invidia, May 28, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I just sometimes get so annoyed from being misgendered etc. that I sometimes feel I would almost rather just give up on her(my mom), or feel like we're drifting apart. That's saying something also, since she's probably the one who has been the most (actively) supportive.

But she is SO insensitive sometimes and stomps on my trust as if it were stone, when really it's rather like glass.

It might not be the most comfortable topic, but do you guys maybe have some experience you could share? Maybe then I'd be able to see the signs and pitfalls better.

Thanks <3

2. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My parents haven't exactly been great.
    I wear a necklace to show when I'm in "girl mode" but as of now my dad has never used my female name or female pronouns. My mum has called me by my female name once. It's really frustrating because I KNOW they know I want to be called my female name - but they just don't seem to be even trying.
    In fairness, I can understand that it's hard for them to adapt - but it would be nice for them to make an effort.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It shouldn't be LGBT+ people's responsibility to be diplomats when their friends, families and partners discriminate against them or treat them disrespectfully.

But I don't want to lose people :frowning2:

Par, I hope they will really start trying for you <3 thanks for the input

4. Sek

Sek

I'm sorry you're going through this. I aswell as many others are on your side. Keep your head up and stay true to yourself. In time you will meet people who accept you for who you are.