1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with falling in love

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bookworm1986, May 28, 2015.

1. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok long story but will make it short.

I went on this certain orange app and I've been on it before and noticed these one guy. He cute, but I say he'll never go for me. This was in 2013, same thing last year, but suddenly in March I noticed he was active on the app and I do a little snooping and realize this guy and I went to high school together and he got hot, I mean hot. I get up the courage to speak to him and miraculously we hit it off.

We talked on the app for 3 days and then he asked for my number and we started texting each other and haven't stopped ever since. We have similar intrest and are in similar situations home wise as well. He's a great guy. He's intelligent, kind, charming, funny, great dancer, and oh so cute. We've hung out 4 times in the past two months. The moment I saw his pic I liked him, the moment I saw him in person I fell in love.

He knows I have feeling for him because I've confessed my crush for him twice, neither went well. The first time I pushed too much. The second time he fell asleep. I know that he is looking for a friendship, and I want to be his friend. I would rather have him in my life as a friend then not at all, I've told him that too. I know he's guarded because he's been through alot with prior relationships, all cheaters. He doesn't trust easily and neither do I. But I trust him and he seems to trust me. He's confidence is low but he's a pretty strong guy.

I know he's tried to start romantic relationships with other guys they've rejected him because he's not thin, or won't hookup. I wish he would notice me, I pray for it every night, I've wished on stars and even done coin flips and eight balls. I promised myself i would never ever fall in love, and look at me now a total love sick idiot. I don't think he's looking for a relationship now, he super independent and likes to travel and go to concerts and is adventurous and exciting. I'm dull, I'm barley getting out there on the bar scene at 29!

I'm a virgin, and still haven't had my first kiss. I just wanted to vent to get this emotions out. I can talk to my mom but she tells me we have to get to know each other and better to start out as friends and you can't hurry love. I know she's right in my head but my heart is telling how much I want to hold his hand and how much I want nothing more then to hear him say I love you too.

Thank you for reading. :icon_bigg

2. Sek

Sek

To me it sounds like you wouldn't be able to handle friends. When you say you would rather have him as a life as a friend than not at all, it sounds like you are scared of not having the possibility of him dating you -- not because you actually want him as a friend.

If I were you, I would spend a little less time involving yourself with him. You said that you are barely getting out there so I would encourage you to change that. Expanding your world does so much for your self-worth, plus you'll be way more distracted and thoughts of him will go to the back of your mind. You can't lose doing this.

3. Numb

1. I'm sorry if I'm fueling your emotion and shit don't go right
    2. I'm a hopeless romantic so I hope something happens between you two.

I'd say keep spending time with him, but try to act a bit like hard-to-get-ish. I personally been cheated on in every relationship I had, so it's hard for me to start a new one too, and also seeing that someone already likes me and is basicly an "easy prey" doesn't excite me as much. If he's anything like me, you liking him may kinda block him from dating you.. Some guys really like chasing people and making them fall in love and stuff like that. I don't know, I'd say both keep hanging with him and stuff, but also start going out more (as you said you don't really go out); show him that you can have fun too, maybe that's what he's looking for? I don't know, I'm not a fortune teller but i wish you good luck :slight_smile:

4. jazzcourse

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sek is on the money!

Numb too- cheers and solidarity with being a hopeless romantic. All this chase stuff is real, and eager people seem to not do it for lots of guys.

I don't think it's possible to fake aloofness when you are eager like you. It's like a double win if you go down the road Sek suggests. If nothing happens with him, you are living well. Win. If you are living well, building confidence, and not fixating, you are more likely to stimulate his interest. Win.

But we can't fake it. I've been in the whole 8 ball coin flip mode before- it's not a great place to set up camp x)

Smash the 8 ball, tell the stars to fuck off, and take your quarter and buy a gumball.

Feel me? Take control. Hang in. Fist bump :wink: