1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going on my first lesbian date this Saturday! advice??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kbssecrets, May 28, 2015.

1. kbssecrets

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, this is my second time posting here on ec. The first time I was seeking advice on how to break it to my boyfriend that I was a lesbian and could no longer be in a hetero relationship with him. (I do care for him deeply but, not romantically or sexually). Well, I finally did it after months of thinking, and super high anxiety and panic. I just couldn't hold it an anymore. He's a super homophobic so I was nervous. But, he's supporting. Anyways, back to my first lesbian date in 2 days... Omg, I'm freaking out!! I met this girl on a dating site. I felt a connection instantly with her. I'm so nervous to meet her in person (even though I know she's awesome lol) but, I've never went on a date with a woman! Is it different than hetero relationships??? What if I say something wrong?? I don't wanna mess this up with her. Any advice? :grin:

2. Lyana

I'm glad the break-up with your boyfriend went well (as well as could be hoped for, at least!). And it's great that you have this date lined up, you must be super excited.

Just relax and be yourself. Don't go into it expecting her to be the love of your life, but go to have a good time and enjoy yourselves. And listen to what she has to say, and be ready to flirt. What is the date going to be (movies, dinner, coffee)? We might be able to give more advice if we know that.

Don't worry about "saying something wrong." Nervousness is cute if you own it. So if you find yourself at a loss as to what to say, just be upfront about it.

And don't worry too much -- if you've been on a date with a guy before, there's no reason for this to be any more awkward!