1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Void Puppy, May 29, 2015.

1. Void Puppy

Not sure if any of you remember my post around a month ago, about how I was going oily the with my best friend until my parents found out, and shortly after he proclaimed hm self "straight" and started chasing girls.

Well, things have become complicated once again.

He has started sending me nude photos/videos. Objectively I don't mind, but it's really confusing. He insists he's 100% straight, and said that he was sending them because he "was feeling generous".

I'm not sure about the whole thing honestly. He doesn't seem to want anything in return, he's just sending them.

Why is he doing this? I thought he was straight.

No clue what to think anymore :bang:

2. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you mean nude? Like showing the penis or still wearing pants?
    However whether he was or wasn't fully naked, it's still very, for lack of a better word, gay for a supposedley straight guy.
    I read your last post about your past relationship so it's very possible that he's missing you but he feels bad about what happened so he's trying to play it cool.
    Perhaps confront him about it? I did that with my crush when it leaked I like him around school and it turned out good.
    Just whatever you do, don't send any back! I've seen cases around school where nudes of people have easily gone around
    Remember:No straight guy sends naked pics to a confessed Bisexual.

3. Void Puppy

Well... nude means not wearing clothes, so it's safe to assume everything was visible.

I don't think it's as straight forward as you're trying to make it sound. In a situation like this there aren't many absolutes.

4. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    I certainly don't think he sends nudes, 'just because he was feeling generous'. I mean, who would do that, especially if you know that person is gay/bi/questioning

I think he's in denial, but sometimes makes really impulsive choices, aka the nudes...
    Maybe you could talk to him about it, subtly or just straight forward??

5. Void Puppy

I feel like our relationship is so fragile right now, I don't want to cause an issue.

Maybe he is in denial, but I don't understand why :/

It's really strange. We were talking, he said he "had to go take a shower :wink:" and then started sending them.
    Afterwards, it didn't take him long to start talking about this girl he likes. Right after sending me that stuff, he starts talking about her. I don't get it.

6. jazzcourse

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think the relationship is probably very fragile.

whattodoii is suggesting the healthy good thing- to get it out in the open. I bet that will only make him retreat, or act like you are crazy-"how is it gay to send nudes to someone who is openly bi? I always send nudes to people I never want to see nude! It's like being friendly to a rabbit who wants carrots!"

What bullshit. I'm sure he is not in the best place, so try to find some compassion. But protect yourself first! Be ready for it to fall apart and for him to disappear. The last dude who played games like this with me got married right after he straight up told me he was in love with me and did stuff with me.

You're so young so no marriage is likely, but he may do drastic shit to "erase" anything that goes down with you two.

Hang in there. Fist bump. I know the banging the head on the brick wall too well. I hope this is different 500 years from now. I mean you say why the denial, right? You are more evolved than him. Even people who are COOL with 'people' being gay and getting married still don't want to be gay themselves. It's ingrained in the culture. It will take time for people to dick down the people they want without hesitating lmfao :slight_smile:

In the meantime, just know you are all good and fuck these goofy dynamics :slight_smile:

7. Void Puppy

I see what you're saying but, idk :/

He's been my best friend since 7th grade, I don't want to lose that, which is why I'm afraid of saying anything. At this point I wish I could go back to the time when we were nothing more than friends :/

8. jazzcourse

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe you can "go back to that time"- like not literally obviously, but when people are close enough there is an art to letting go of difficulties/confusions and holding onto the good stuff.

I really hope you don't lose it either, but know it's really hard for some guys who have these complicated feelings for guy friends. The fact you have known him for so long means its even more complicated for him probably. The joking pretense of sending nudes doesn't really get to the point of what its like when a guy like this is confused. I think it almost makes some guys short circuit mentally when the are confused over a friend. Like they will do almost anything to convince themselves they are really straight.

Really hope everything turns out ok- if he gets distant it doesn't mean there wasn't substance there between you guys, maybe it was too much ya know? Also do stuff to protect yourself mentally. This shouldn't just be on his terms feel me...

9. A Person

I just read through the original thread and this one. I've already put something on your wall if you want someone to talk to. I don't want to take up much space here, as most of what I would've said has been said by the others already. But if you need someone to talk to more, I'm more than happy to help, and I completely understand the situation as I've had many similar ones and other experiences with boys that have wrecked me. Reach out to me if you need to :slight_smile:

10. heythere999

I honestly hate people who act like assholes just because they're in denial. If you're in denial don't do gay shit. Not hard.

TC this guy is as straight as a rainbow and an asshole.

---------- Post added 31st May 2015 at 02:27 AM ----------

That is so disgusting. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. That guy is only hurting himself and the girl he fooled.