1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I Need Constant Friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CaptainAvocados, May 30, 2015.

1. CaptainAvocados

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi,

I'm confused as to whether or not I need to hang out with the friends near my age more often than every quarter.

I'm a 22 year old college male, working, studying Engineering and learning to be happier every day. I take all sorts of classes and meet people, often I'll grow close to them for some time then grow apart. I've at many points in my life had an active social life and it always fades away. I love being social but I also love being alone, gardening, reading, watching cool documentaries, cooking, gym, nature. Whenever I party it always costs me at least a whole day of productivity.

I have the goal of saving enough to become independent over the next decade and most of my friends have their social lives oriented around spending money at a bar or restaurant or club- they are all in debt. So I naturally tend away from this and instead invest my time studying, hiking in nature, with lovers, or with my family.

After a 10day meditation I began enjoying my alone time more, I felt more peace not spending most of time without friends. I began loving my family a lot more and now most of my social time goes towards a daily walks/meal with my parents, a daily call with a lover, and weekly time with a lover- either cooking, at beach/forest.

About once a quarter I like to check up on my old friends from and see how this gift called life is developing for them or go out and party or volunteer or go to a toastmaster. It's rewarding but I feel more often would feel exhausting and forced.

I know I'm moving out once I graduate but my parents are getting older and I'm not sure how many years they got. I'm really enjoying spending more time with them and lovers than partying with the people my age. Is this okay?

2. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry but I'm a bit confused about what you're unsure of... your life sounds A-OK to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: