1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Her actions vs. her orientations?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tomo, May 30, 2015.

1. Tomo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all, a newbie here who'd like some insight on this girl. I apologize if it may seem like I have a lack of insight or the likes. I've just never dealt with such a situation.

I'm a straight guy. Recently I joined a local social sports scene and met this girl. We essentially hit it off. She's what I'm after in a girl i.e. that strong independent type while I'm admittedly the more modern sensitive, artsy guy. So through the weeks I had her literally throwing herself at me, questioning my dating past, my preferences in woman etc. Littered between the heavy sexual innuendo it culminated in her wanting me to rub her chest as she was flu'ey before a game. I deferred that to another female.

Yet this is totally different when we're out socially, she literally avoids me and we struggle to conversate if we're sitting at a table. I mean, if she has to talk to me what not, it's a light touch or a hand on my shoulder but then off she goes like a scared deer.

Now the thing is she is a lesbian. Hence I've thought nothing of it. Even more, knowing that I'm starting to develop feelings for her, I've probably done my best to keep her even more at an arms length.

Anyone have some insight for me? My best course of action? Furthermore I am not sure if it'd be plausible to ask her about it as it might affect team dynamics for the worse.

2. Sugarholic

Hi Tomo, I may know how this girl feels since I'm in somewhat similar situation as she is. She loves the attention you are giving her. You may have everything she's looking for in a romantic partner except you're not a girl.

My advice, you can try to get her a little tipsy if you want to know more about her. People usually feel relax and more open up after a few drinks.

You are welcomed to go for her. However, you are very likely to end up being sexually frustrated because lesbian can't fathom the thought of going down on a guy. Be ready for a platonic relationship.

3. Tomo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks sugarholic. No, I don't plan on trying to date her. Thing is, I wouldn't mind being friends and actually being able to have a good chat outside of the sporting arena. Saw her the other night and again she was ignoring me mixed between with the arm on shoulder or light touch when she needed to ask me about something then walking away.

4. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It may be very difficult for her right now, especially if she's dealing with feelings with you as well. Maybe you should make the move and try talking to her about more serious things and inviting her into a more involved conversation when she starts acting that way in public ?