1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend woes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Starlight123, May 31, 2015.

1. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I told my bestfriend that I had feelings for her. She said that she was sorry she doesn't feel the same way and she cannit change it. I'm ok with her not feeling the same way. What I am not okay with is the coldness of her response. I found it really cold. Lacking an understanding of my feelings. I have since begun to not feel thw same about her. She however has started making inappropriate jokes about her and I being together. What kind of game is she playing?

Why would she think it is ok to make these jokes after she has rejected me? What do I do now?

2. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    I think it's very courageous of you to tell her your feelings. She was probably kinda shocked and confused, which made it look like a cold response ( I don't know how it really went, sorry).
    However, I do think that her making these jokes is mean, because she knows your feelings and she is your friend. She has to know this messes with your head. If she keeps making inappropriate jokes, or they get worse, I recommend you saying something about it to her, even though it's hard, but she's your friend, right?

Good luck <3

3. Sek

Sek

It's unfortunate your friend is doing this. Clearly, you are not over the rejection just yet and that's totally okay, but she is joking around as if you were. However she as well as the rest of the population of planet Earth cannot read minds. If she is doing something that is upsetting you, you can't expect her to change that behaviour if you haven't told her that it isn't okay.

If she continues it, then it would be a good idea to distance yourself from her for a little while.

4. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for your replies guys. It is much appreciated. I like to live in truth and I told her my truth. I think mybfeelings for her are weakening. The colness of her rejection has made me start to look on her differently and though we still talk as though nothing happened , I no longer feel that uncontrollable attraction towards her.

Her reaction may have been the best thing to happen to me in a while. Now I am being forced to let her go.

5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

This is just a guess since I don't really know the exact situation, but maybe she does really feel bad that she couldn't reciprocate your feelings. She could be making jokes as an attempt at trying to make sure you know that you liking her doesn't have to make things awkward and she was okay with it. It's like she's trying to make the situation as casual as possible, but not doing it in a very good way. You should try and talk to her about her making jokes about it. Hope this helps.

6. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She just messaged me saying she loves me. I replied i love you too then there was an awkward silence so I said just so this isn't confusing I love you as a friend. I also said I was keeping it moving. She said ok and asked me what I was up to. I told her I was out with someone who had some romantic interest in me and her reaction has been interesting.

She is constantly messaging me to ask me what we are doing now. She almost seems jealous. She is definitely playing games.