1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a perfect relationship like in the stories

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gay Greenie HG, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Gay Greenie HG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi people, I've been reading some fictional stories which describe a relationship between a boy, his boyfriend and his friends. They're all gay and the couple are happy together but not exclusive. I'm not weird for thinking that this is an amazing set up am I? I would like a relationship like theirs when I'm older but what if it doesn't exist? What if I meet the perfect guy but he doesn't feel the same way about sexual exclusivity? Obviously I want to settle down at some point but there will be so much I hadn't done.

Also, their relationship seems perfect, they love each other, tease each other but never argue and always have fun together. This seems too perfect to be true, I love the banter I have with my friends the only problem is that they're all straight or very camp, too camp.

Being serious here, yesterday I had a panic attack and felt like I couldn't breathe. This is seriously stressing me out! :bang: HELP :help:

I keep asking my friends but I have to leave out the fact that I'm gay, I kind of let them believe I'm straight, but this means I have to leave a lot out and I just get unhelpful generic responses. I wish I could tell them the truth. :eusa_liar

#1 Gay Greenie HG, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. Lyana

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you 're talking about a sexually open relationship. Well, rest assured: they exist! Not everyone is open to the possibility, that's true -- but it's also true for a lot of other things in relationships. If you meet the perfect guy, the truly perfect guy, you two will find a way to make it work. If it doesn't work out, then that's fine: lots of relationships don't work out. It's part of the experience!

Most relationships go through ups and downs, and almost every couple has their fights, but when you really love each other and know each other, it does often resemble what you described: the teasing, the banter, the fun. You're not just lovers, you're also friends, and if you make communication important, most arguments will soften to honest conversation about what's not working for you.
    I've never fought with the girl I'm currently with. She's one of my closest friends, and I rarely fight with friends. We both make getting along well a priority, and we know that if one hurts the other, it isn't intentional, so we can talk it out.

Don't panic! You're young, you have plenty of time to have relationships -- both failed and successful, good and bad -- and learn about yourself and the way you deal with other people. There's no reason to panic if the only thing you're worried about is a potential partner not being okay with nonmonogamy. It happens, just like sometimes it happens that you get feelings for a straight guy.

Do you want to come out?