1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating in a homophobic country?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Numb, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Numb

I guess the title explains it all but I'm gonna give a more in depth explanation.
    My country, Romania, is pretty homophobic. People aren't really that out but stil we're not like Uganda or where that place is where people are killed for just being suspected as gay. Depending on the city you might even have gay clubs in your city. I just want to know if anyone is from a homphobic country and managed to have a relationship, and how hard was it.
    Also, I'm moving to England next year, so anyways I plan to stay closeted until then, but I was just curious on your answers/experiences.

2. Accedo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even in a homophobic country there is a way.
    In a higher social environment (at a good univerity) people are more open to gay people and they are very supportive and tolerant --> I tell you this from my personal experience!
    Also, in big cities there are gay clubs, gay-friendly clubs/bars and also LGBT associations that help you with many aspects. Things are not as bad as it seems!