1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my crush, not enough

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NathanielB13, Jun 1, 2015.

1. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone, so if you've read my past posts on EC. I was in a huge battle with myself. I was a closeted bisexual and struggling with a strong boy crush in my class. The whole thing was killing me inside until I found Lucas2000 "Dont know if my crush likes me back", it gave me courage to come out to my close family and alot of my close friends. I now though had all my time to focus on my crush and honestley I was at breaking point. One night I decided through some advice from here that I should text him my feelings about him. After that, I waited a whole awful weekend and a whole devastatingly awful week until I finally supposedley got the closure I needed. I felt really good that day, a little pent up perhaps because I was betrayed by a m8:tantrum:!
    I felt fie again during the holidays but near the end, I started reading the texts again and again until it made me want to cry. I also got really attatced to a coming out comic until I realised that the name of the characters was me and my crush! It even had matching description, urgh! I throw my phone across my bed and went to sleep with fear.
    Fear that I wouldn't get over my crush, fear of the coming week back. Fear that I missed out and the what-if questions came back to me. I though these were ust passing feelings, that they would go away a healing process. But they just kept getting stronger and stronger until I was drowning in them again.
    And now Im back at school, its just got orse and worse because I keep seeing him everywhere.
    Sorry for the long post, I just don't want to get in this stupid situation again.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How well do you know your crush as a person? Is he someone who you consider a friend -- someone you have spent a lot of time with and know well? I only ask because we sometimes develop crushes on people who we know very little about, other than in passing and if we don't know them well our attraction is based on little more than what our eyes see. I don't know about you, but that's not nearly enough, for me. What is your crush like as a person? What are his personal qualities and values? What does he stand for on different issues? Is he a nice guy? Has he ever done anything to hurt you or let you down?

How well can you answer these questions about him? How well do you really know him?

3. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My crush is a good friend maybe a little less? He knows my best friend really well because they play for the same football team. Hes the best mate of a really good mate of mine aswell. Plus I walk with him like every friday. I see him in every class and he's a very bubbly person so I see him all the time in class. I also know I didn't get this from passing looks, I've had these feelings for a year and at no point did they go away.

My crush is like said before very bubbly and very loyal aswell. He also stands by his beliefs.I know he isn't gay or bisexua because I already told him I like him and his answer was no as he isnt attracted to men.But it's not him its me.
    I dont want happy ever after,
    I want these feelings to go away. Is there any way? At the moment I feel like a sack of sh*t because his girlfriend is pissed at me and everyone at school is asking me the same thing.
    Have you ever gone through this?

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure I have. In fact, I had a few crushes when I was younger and it was really those crushes that raised the questions in my mind about my sexuality. I know it's not easy, especially if your crush is a really nice person too. Some of my crushes were nice to look at, but not very nice people and I found it easier to get over them by focusing on their bad attitude, but the few who were nice guys too were hard to get over. I just had to remind myself that they were out of bounds and trying anything would only bring me a lot of grief and heartache.

I don't know if it will help, but there are some useful hints and tips about dealing with crushes here Empty Closets - Dealing with Crushes

5. KayJay

Time heals. It sounds shitty but it's true.

A year ago I met this girl, over the year I developed a crush on her. I eventually told her my feelings, she didn't really reciprocate them, she said for a short while she may have had feelings for me though. So anyways, all that happens and she asks me to move out with her. So now she's my roommate. I'm living with someone I used to have a crush on! It's definitely possible to get over a crush.

I personally think the healing process works better when you don't cut the person out if they reject you. Once you know your crush isn't into you it allows you to move on, albeit slowly. I know I gave a lengthy personal example but I think if I can be roommates with someone I was crushing on before, you'll be able to get through this :slight_smile:

6. mangotree

You're never too young to learn to meditate.

7. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Or punch a punching bag, that works too. Release the endorphins and fight depressed feelings.