1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I couldn't help myself...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Toaddy, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Toaddy

Wow, it has been a while since I was on here. I moved out to the middle of no where and haven't been able to secure internet connection yet. I really missed this place.
    Anyway, at my little farm school I became close to this girl who was in my World Lit class. We were the only two students taking that class so we spent a lot of time together. She told me that she was Asexual so I felt comfortable telling her that I'm Pansexual. She was cool with it.
    She has all of the qualities that I look for in a partner. She has a beautiful voice, an amazing sense of humor and is comfortable in her own skin. I knew I was in for trouble from the start but I couldn't stop the progression. I began to see the little gestures and flirting she did as interest in me. I waited for her to give me just one hint, just a little hint, that my dreams could be reality. When we started to hang out, outside of class, I got the feeling that she was toying with me.
    We went out, saw movies together, hung out at her house together, sat and talked on the phone for hours... But she didn't give me more than the occasional comment in a flirtatious manner. There were a few things she did, like when I told her that I really like a person who smells good. The next day she was wearing this nice perfume that I hadn't noticed her ever wearing before.
    I was probably over thinking it all, but now she's blowing me off and only talking to me when I say something first.
    I feel like I screwed things up. She's a wonderful person and it's not like I was expecting anything from her, but to build me up and then leave me there...kind of hurts. I probably wouldn't have to vent about this if I had used my brain instead of my heart. I feel like an idiot for even thinking I had a chance with her. I wish I could just get over it, but I've never been strung along like this.
    I guess the point of this post would be to ask for advice. Or maybe a different perspective on the situation.
    Any ideas?

2. DragKing692

Maybe she's got some personal stuff going on in her life. Don't push it, but let her know your there for her. And another thing? The heart CAN be right sometimes. But listen to both. Good luck. And let me know if you need anything.
    Best wishes,
    Bernie