1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with ldr

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HBI, Jun 4, 2015.

1. HBI

HBI

Everything seemed to be going well with my LD girlfriend. She was telling me how much she missed me, and everything she likes about me. Then, out of the blue, she had a freak out about how I shouldn't trust her, and how I should find someone here. I called her on her BS, and knew she was doing this because she's in the closet. I've told her I'd help her come out if she wants, or respect her wishes to stay closeted. She lives in fear of what her parents will do or think of her if they find out. But I feel like I'm going to lose her. My heart is breaking. Is there anything I can say, or do to help? I don't want her to be open for purely selfish reasons. I want her to live her life for herself, not them. It's a sad situation. And I think she will take the easy way out and marry a nan. She's bi.

2. Sek

Sek

There is such a thing as a right relationship under the wrong circumstances; this might be one of those cases. You're already LD which is hard in itself, but you've got the unwillingness to come out also. Unfortunately you can only be there for her to support her if she herself comes to the conclusion that she wants to come out. If she keeps herself closeted, well it's her choice to make. You should let her know how you feel about her coming out and that you'll be there to support her but that you can't start shaping your life around someone who wants to live a lie. You deserve more than what this relationship has to offer right now.