1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telling my crush I like them

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by confusedbubble, Jun 4, 2015.

1. confusedbubble

Hi firstly I'm new here excellent forum.

I have had a crush on a friend for nearly a year, we messaged intensely for ages and she kept dropping hints that she's had other women try to ask her out on dates before which she's turned down. We've been out for drinks loads and she would always wait for me outside and sit close talking and laughing, a few times she said she hated people touching her back but then place my hand on her spine to show what they would do. After leaving at the end of the night we'd spend ages talking and quite often I've had the urge just to reach out and hug her as the eye contact has been that intense and Lots of flirting flirting.
    Anyway she's been busy lately so not been out much for me to see her due to work, I want to tell her that I really like her but don't know how to go about it, do I message her or arrange to meet her and tell her? (thing is she works 13hr shifts so it's hard for her to find time to come out)
    I realise this could ruin our friendship but I'm willing to take the that risk.
    Please help I'm confused

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do she know you're bi? In any case, it would be best if you could arrange a meeting, even if that seems more stressful. The reason is that you will be able to see her reaction. But, if she is always busy, then you might resort to a message that says how you feel and also an invitation to talk later (most people will want to meet after learning such news). Good luck!

3. confusedbubble

Yes she does. I think I'll send it in a message and then arrange to meet up afterwards to see her reaction, I hate not telling her because it's breaking me slightly but on the other hand I'm so nervous it's unbelievable

4. confusedbubble

Sent it in a message about 10 mins ago so she wakes up to it. I really like her and never had a problem telling someone how I feel, but I'm unsure how she'll respond I hope it's positive I've asked in a second message to meet up so we'll see how it goes (why do I fall for straight people)

5. gorillabrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck, I hope it turns out well and not like mine -_- haha...

6. confusedbubble

Well still no reply or communication (hey ho) apart from I'm shocked and need time to think........ I sent one back saying thank you for reading it, take your time I didn't and don't want to hurt or upset you I won't mention it again if you don't want me to.
    And that's that but I feel better for telling her as I felt I was living a lie, I miss her as a friend but I also feel I can move on and stop crushing now (unless she likes me back of course)

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry. It's obvious this is a significant thing for her, but it would have been very helpful to you if she gave any response. You have done what you can, and the ball is in her court. Even if things don't work with her, you have gained some confidence in approaching women you like. Practice makes perfect, right? :slight_smile:

8. confusedbubble

Yep actually gutted that she hasn't had the decency to reply to be honest, she has my phone number obviously she could even send a reply via text or what's app when I'm asleep giving a reason.
    Yes it has given me confidence not only to move on but approach women and next time tell them in person so I can see the reaction..... This is all a learning curve the last woman I was with didn't need telling things just fell into place, I've learned that sometimes it doesn't and it requires me to be big enough to tell them sooner so we can work on a relationship or I can move on

9. ScarletteWinter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    write it on a note, or just tel her directly, it's better to try than to never know!