1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me please!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Irrelevant Boy, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Irrelevant Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dear friends of EC, I have finally decided I will come out to my crush not anonymously. But, I do not know where to start. The only way I can really contact him is via text but I feel so awkward when I text emotional stuff. What do I say to him so that it isn't so severe or that he doesn't feel uncomfortable? I am really scared but I am willing to take the risk. Please help.

Some background: We are not very close but I sit with him every day at lunch. He is the most beautiful and smart person I know and my first real crush. I think that coming out to him would ease my tension and depression. I do not wish to move on, though. I cannot bear that.

#1 Irrelevant Boy, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. woahthatsboring

Personally, I hate doing things through via text message because you can't really see the person and their reactions. I advise you try to tell him person because it might be a whole lot easier than texting because a lot of things can go wrong with that. Not trying to force my belief on you but just suggesting that maybe you can text him before lunch that you want to see him privately and then go from there. I hope this somewhat helped :slight_smile:

3. Irrelevant Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry but I am just not confident enough to talk in person.

4. woahthatsboring

Don't apologize to me! I'm just making a suggestion :slight_smile: that's what I think would be easier( for me, of course). I like to judge reactions but if you're not ready for a one on one conversation with him, then do it via text. I think texting makes everything uncomfortable so the only advice I have is to make sure he's gay or somewhat into men. If he's been into you for awhile too it won't be a surprise when you text him. Start off flirty I guess and if you're flirting right he's gonna know you're into him. Good luck :slight_smile:

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    a text out of the blue … not sure its the best way
    why not just get to know him more and hang out and see what develops … ?

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to talk to (text) him a bit first, small talk and stuff, then tell him you have something important to say. When you tell him, say it casually and bring it up without expecting him to say something back. Depending on his response, go deeper into it, or end the conversation right there and change subject if he's uncomfortable. If I were in this situation, I'd keep my feelings for him out of it, at the moment, because
    "I'm gay" and "I like you" is quite a bit for someone to comprehend within a few minutes and it's not likely to get a good immediate response.
    Good luck on coming out if you do, hope I helped :slight_smile:

7. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you could write him a letter and place it where you know he'll see it. Or you could call him. Either way you are going to have step out of your confort zone to tell him how you feel.

8. Irrelevant Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All of these are good ideas but my problem is time. He is leaving far off to college and I want to at least tell him before he goes. After all, he is only in school for three more days starting Monday. I don't know what to do! Getting to know him better is not an option with the time.

9. m e l v i n

i agree with Woah, maybe you should tell him in person.. that way, you can explain yourself better :wink: and yeah, like she said, you'll see his reaction.. to make it less awkward though, maybe you could come out to a group of friends instead of just to him (if you trust some other friends) because i think what would make it awkward, really, is that you "are not very close" and you're suddenly telling him something very personal (especially if you're only planning to come out to him for now and not to telling him you like him yet)

i may like sound like a hypocrite here because i'm not out either :grin: but that is just an option (that's how i'd prefer to come out, if ever), you can always text him or send him a letter, but be ready for his reply, or lack thereof (another reason why i won't do it thru text).. but anyway.. i'm wishing you the best :slight_smile: (*hug*)

10. Irrelevant Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all for the support. The only opportunity I'll have to do this is starting Monday. How do I get him to talk to me? Usually when I speak to him, I become speechless.

11. m e l v i n

i think it would be quite a challenge to come out to someone you are not very close to without giving a hint that you like him as well.. hmmm.. like i said, i would suggest coming out to a group of of friends (including him) to make it less awkward (maybe? :grin:).. tell them you wanna talk about something since school is about to end, and tell them like how you would tell any other thing so it won't get complicated.. you may try giving them hints first before you tell them, (like wear a rainbow bracelet maybe? :slight_smile: or playing some lgbt songs).. if you decide not to do it in person, maybe you could do it thru group chat.. those are just some more options though, i am no expert on coming out haha :lol: good luck buddy (*hug*)

:thewave:

12. Irrelevant Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In a perfect society, I would be able to do this. Sadly, I am much too incompetent and afraid to come out to many people like that.

13. m e l v i n

ohhhhh.. idk.. i was just thinking maybe a few other people you really trust.. or maybe you should think again if you're even ready to come out to your crush (or if you really need to).. sorry, i'm not much of a help, but good luck to you :slight_smile: (*hug*)

14. Irrelevant Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you. I am aware of the risks and am willing to take the leap. Hopefully it goes well.