1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please just tell me I'm being a paranoid weirdo?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BluhImCourtney, Jun 4, 2015.

1. BluhImCourtney

Okay, so yesterday, I went to the local LGBT center for the 2nd time, and I really liked it there. The people were awesome, and I made alot of friends.

So... I decided to work up enough courage to ask for phone numbers. Which takes alot from me. ._.
    I'm kinda really shy and stuff when it comes to this.

But by the end of the meeting, everyone else left, except for one of the FtMs there, Mason. I think he was the first to call me by my preferred name there (or first to refer to me at all). And to be honest, I may or may not like him a little bit, although I think he said he was homoflexible, so I'm not sure if he'd reciprocate the feelings. And he has a boyfriend. And even then, I don't think it's that strong of an attraction, maybe just a best friend like or a "squish". ._.

Anyways, I only gave him my number, because there wasn't any time left. It's now been a day, and I haven't gotten a text.

I really hate to sound "possessive", but I'm the kind of person who tends to worry alot if someone doesn't reply in maybe a day, let alone not send a text to confirm the phone number. ._.

I'm thinking that maybe I gave him the wrong number, even though I was looking at my caller ID at the time, or maybe he just thinks I'm weird... arrrgh, someone please tell me I'm just being stupid. =.=

#1 BluhImCourtney, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. woahthatsboring

I can safely say you're not a weirdo, because that would make me one too :wink: I've been through a situation like that recently. I'm "kind of" crushing on this girl and I only have her my number. When she didn't call or text me, I freaked out because I thought maybe she wasn't interested or, like you, I thought maybe I gave her the wrong number.

Turns out, she simply forgot to text me her number too that day and now we talk on a somewhat regular basis. So, with your situation it might be the same!! You never know what someone is going through in life and he might've just simply forgot to text you. He could've had a family issue, a lot of paper work, etc. so just check in with him through someone else or on social media( that's what I did) to clear things up :slight_smile:

3. BluhImCourtney

Yeah, I know. But it's kinda impossible to check with him through social media. I know he has a certain app, but probably millions of people named Mason are on there. And plus, I tend to stay away from social media at the moment, so I can't contact him unless I make an account. ._.

4. woahthatsboring

That was just one opinion. If you don't want to make an account and check up with him. Do you have a mutual friend you can ask?

5. BluhImCourtney

I remember in passing conversation one of our other friends said his snapchat or whatever, but I tried googling it and got nothing. :\

6. BluhImCourtney

Yeah...

It's gotten to the point where whenever my phone vibrates (which is usually because I get an email notification from EC threads), I think it's him. ._.

Maybe it is a little bit more than a best friend like. ._.

I dunno. I wish he'd just text already. >_>

7. kaotyc

I would say if he doesn't text you, let it go. He's not worth stressing over. Because if a guy was interested, he would text you or call you. And also, never give your number out. Get theirs first :wink:.

I learned that through the years. If a person is interested, they'll give you their number or exchange numbers.

8. BluhImCourtney

I usually do get theirs as well, but I just didn't have enough time to get his. ._.

And he handed me his phone to enter it in. Does that say anything?

9. kaotyc

No. Because I hang out with guys that do that. As asshole-ish as it is. Then they never actually call or text them until it's conveinant for them.

I had a guy do that to me. He gave me his number. We talked for a bit. Then he would ONLY call or text me when he was bored or at work with nothing to do. And this guy was in his 30s.

As someone who identifies as male sometimes and female sometimes, I understand both sides of the field. Your age says 17. So I'm assuming Mason is around that age too. Teen boys are even worse than grown men with that.

Just don't worry about it. It's nothing personal or against you.

10. BluhImCourtney

I'm afraid I might have been a bit too "puppy-ish" and awkward... ._.

...you know what, I'm going to just stop thinking about this for a week or two. If he texts me in between then, I'm just not going to respond until a.) The same amount of time had passed as it had before he sent the text, or b.) Ignore it all together until I see him on two weeks, and then just ask for it then. ._.

11. kaotyc

You can respond. But not right away. Then be like 'oh sorry, I was busy...." It doesn't have to be the same amount of time.

But good luck, hun. And keep me updated!

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I know its tough but just try and relax and not stress over it. Just because he hasn't text you doesn't mean he doesn't want to be friends, I have found that often guys don't think about this kind of stuff any where near as much as girls.

Also if it turns out he isn't interest in even being friends then that's a shame but just move on there will be plenty of other people out there for friendships and relationships.

Did you exchange numbers with anyone else?

13. Lazuri

You're being a paranoid weirdo.

14. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

When someone doesn't text you back like this, it can make you think of all the worst-case scenario reasons why he wouldn't text you back. Just try to remember that and that most likely, it's not as bad as you think. Maybe he's just not into texting that much. Maybe he's been really busy. You shouldn't take it personally like that. Maybe take a day or two to turn your phone off and leave it in your room or something:slight_smile: