1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girlfriend is trying to sabotage our relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HBI, Jun 6, 2015.

1. HBI

HBI

I have posted a few times about my LD girlfriend. She's closeted, and has familial, cultural, and political reasons for staying closeted. I don't like it, but I like her enough that I'm willing to put up with it. I'll be introduced as a friend, my visit to her had to be kept secret. Blah, blah. Now, a light bulb has gone off.
    I was recently very confused by her being cruel to me in conversation, telling me that I shouldn't trust her, that I'd be better off with someone else, and she's trying to push me off onto other women. I was dumbfounded, because I've been extremely good to her, and previously, she has been very good to me. Before and after her verbally attacking me, she told and tells me that she cares about and misses me. The epiphany I had is that she'd rather I go with someone else, or breakup with her rather than deal with her sexuality. I don't want to lose her, she apparently wants me because she keeps coming back, so what can be done in this situation? What are our options. A friend suggested I anonymously out her to her parents. I thought that was awful. TIA

2. EbonyDazed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe confront her about what's going on? It sounds like she wants to be with you but maybe she feels like you are burdened by the fact that she is closeted. She wants to be with you but she doesn't want to come out. She wants you do be happy but at the same time she doesn't want to loose you because she's conflicted about coming out. It sounds like there is a lot on her mind and is confused about what's best for you and your relationship with her.