1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being unreasonable?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Par, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been "going out" with my long distance girlfriend for 2 months but she's been sort of ignoring me the last two days. Normally I probably wouldn't mind but it's exactly 2 months today and I wanted to spend some quality time talking to her but now I feel kind of lonely. I've seen her posting on a website we talk on and I sent her a message but she didn't reply, yet was still replying to other people. Is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed?

My last girlfriend broke up with me after exactly 2 months...so I guess I'm kind of paranoid.

2. Sek

Sek

It's reasonable to feel annoyed, however that doesn't justify actions. For example, I've had the same experience but it just turned out that my message was read at a busy moment with the intention to reply later, but he forgot. I left it and acted uninterested despite being upset by it. Since it was a one-off and he apologised when he checked our chat later on, I let it go.

So you have every right to feel how you do, but since you don't know her side of things it's probably best not to act on it. Wait for her to message you and then bring it up if she acts like nothing happened. You deserve an explanation if she's clearly ignoring your message, that's not how you treat someone you love. If she doesn't reply within a week.. Well, it'd be clear how much of a priority you are to her. For now just wait.

3. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you :slight_smile: Literally as I read your message she sent a message apologising and explaining - so it's all alright, guess I was just a little too quick to panic :icon_redf