1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone with a good gaydar?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheJackC, Jun 8, 2015.

1. TheJackC

So, my crush... Like I can't even! He is perfect!

He must be gay! Today in science we got new seats. He stood really close to me and said "do you want to sit with me? I really want to ait next to you because we didn't get to before...". It may sound normal as we are friends, but before he sat one person away from me and always talked to me.

And also, in science, the guy who was between me and him was ill one day, so we worked together. He done the experiment and I took notes. When he had to copy them down, he didn't say excuse me. He kind of nudged my arm out of the way.

And, again, in science, he touched my but. I was talking to some people, and he called for me. I just said, "one minute" and he came up behind me and slapped my but. Discreetly, but it was definitely his hand!

And he told me he can suck his own penis. Long story don't ask.

When we are outside at break for lunch, he practically sits on me! And he always touches me and is really close to me! I love it, as he is my crush, but I worry he might think something is up when I blush and my heart has a spaz every time he is within a mile of me!

I definitely think he is gay. I won't do anything yet, but I just want opinions!

2. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    I know that (straight) friends can be pretty handsy and stuff, but this sounds like something more, to me at least. I mean, he slapped your but!! I don't think this is typical guy behaviour :b
    BTW what the hell!! how the fuck can he... whaaaaaaat

3. TheJackC

He said you put your legs behind your head and... Um, suck?

4. joshsbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well it sounds exactly like two of my friends who ended up going out. Long story short me and a female friend both fancied the guy but he definitely wasn't interested in me �� but yeah they were like that, sitting on each others knees sharing an iPod, lots of physical contact etc.
    Sounds like you're in luck ☺️

5. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Idk man. I had a lot of straight friends who did some pretty homoerotic shit, but they were the jock type and so was I so there wasn't really much of a suspicion that anyone was gay. If you on the other hand are giving off some degree of a "gay vibe", and he is still acting like this around you (when people might reasonably assume you're gay by the way you act), then it's more likely he's attracted to you.

6. TheJackC

We was kind of flirting before? I am a vegetarian and someone had a sausage in their lunch box so I said "get your sausage away from me!" And he asked me if wanted his sausage... (FYI: yes, anytime. ;-) jk, or not) I think I do have a "gay vibe" as I'm feminine as f and I walk like Beyoncé!

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2015 at 12:03 AM ----------

FYI I have been asked if I was gay many times.

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2015 at 12:19 AM ----------

And in the yr 1/2 I've known him, he has not had a girlfriend.

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely has a chance of being so. How homophobic is your school? If it isn't homophobic, then go for it. Ask him to talk after school or play outside or something. Go to a carnival as "friends". Carpe diem.

8. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If he's making a sausage joke, then he's probably just joking. I imagine actual gay guys to be much shier than that. (not always, of course)

I'd say there's definitely a chance he's guy. Since I don't really know anything else about him besides what you told me, it's hard to say for sure.

For me, the easiest way to tell if a guy is gay is with the higher pitched voice. (different hormones provide for different voices). If it's really hard to tell, then you may just have to learn more about him or wait till he comes out. Keep in mind there is still a good chance he's just joking around with you.
    To be fair, I've actually had straight guys slap my butt a few times (not sexually...). They weren't even my friends.

9. Fandom obsessed

Ooooh! Sounds like he might like you! I have always had a very good gaydar hehe. But the best thing to do imo is to just come out and ask him if he likes guys. That's what I do and if he does, then you can start talking to him for a while and go on a date or something and see if it grows from there :grin:

10. Some of my good friends have excellent gaydar. I mean, they told me that they figured out that I'm gay from our first conversation....

11. mangotree

Sorry to say that it sounds like you're looking at him through rose-tinted glasses.
    Your deep want/need for him to be gay is turning his small actions, comments and gestures into loud announcements.
    From the outside looking in, it just sounds like he's a nice / carefree / friendly person - which is seemingly rare and hard to find when you're 13, 14, 15, 16 ...... or 40 for that matter.

The only suggestion I can think of would be to talk to someone who knows the both of you and see if you're reading into his actions too much.

12. Doppelganger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What? Never heard of this before, is this a thing? I don't think my voice is any high pitched.

I agree with Mangotree: the best thing to do is to ask someone who knows both of you. He could just be a nice guy and that's it, just joking around and nothing gay about it. I also agree you might be reading too much into his actions...but anyway, good luck with it!

13. Manitoban

All of this in my opinion as well. ^

And I don't have a high pitched voice. Most people never know unless told.

14. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It really is a thing. I wouldn't say "high pitched", but you can usually tell if a guy is gay or not by a certain tone in their voice. Though, I'm sure there's some guys who are exceptions... I wouldn't say I hear my own voice as too high pitched, but when I hear my voiced recorded... I would assume it's a gay voice. (We hear our own voice differently!)

There's also some other things that can affect male physical features. Gay men tend to have ears that stick out a little bit more than straight men. There's definitely exceptions to this one, but I notice many gay men with a common ear feature that most straight men don't have.

I guess this is more of an instinct-type thing. I'm not sure how others determine other's sexuality, but I'd say my gaydar is pretty accurate (for men only). I continue to go by this because I haven't really been wrong.

#14 Skaros, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  15. RedHeadHatter

I am so sorry to interrupt without being called but: There is no evidence on any relation between body features and someone's sexuality. There is, however, a relation between sexuality and the lack of testosterone, and then the lack of testosterone with body features. The thing is, I have double the amount of testosterone a boy my age should have (And I am guessing at 17 you must have a lot), but I am pretty sure I am gay...

16. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I actually did read something about how homosexuals have different facial features. (particularly ears) Though, like I said, there are quite a few exceptions. It's certainly based more on testosterone as opposed to actual sexual orientation. Then again, I could be wrong about the different facial features all together. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Regardless, the pitch in voice is still pretty reliable.

17. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you need to take a minute and just think that through. I mean you're in middle school right? How well do you think middle schoolers handle homosexuality? Badly. That's the answer you're looking for. How much do you want every annoying kid knowing your little secret?
    Also, it's awfully hard to tell if someone is gay solely on appearance. I mean there's the flamboyant type and then there's the rest of us who pretty much sound and look like everyone else.

#17 Celatus, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  18. TheJackC

I totally get what you mean. I know I'm not coming out anytime soon!

19. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sometimes when we want something we try to convince ourselves little things mean something. Not to be a downer, but he COULD just be extra friendly with you.

I suggest just asking him, and hopefully it won't ruin the friendship. But you never know until he says it himself.

20. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    Haha, okay..? :b
    I totally get your confusion, I have this friend, I sit close, share music/earphones all the time, we even finish each other's sentences unintentionally, talk almost 24/7, she also slapped my butt, aaaaaaaaand she told me she's bi/gay-ish soo confusing as hell :/ (she knows I like girls)
    Oh well it's hella enjoyable :slight_smile: