1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two days with my girlfriend, already doubting

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Deathsinger, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Deathsinger

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I asked her out about two days ago. She was pretty positive about it, I know she is into girls and she told me she was into me. So now we are together, but she seems to have changed a lot in her attitude towards me. We were already very close friends, and she usually is cute and cheerful, but since we're together she radically changed, she seems calmer, more distant, ever kind of cold...
    I know it's way too soon to be doubting, but i feel like she's uncomfortable being more than friends with me. I know her enough to know she didn't accept just to not upset me, she's the straightforward kind.
    So yeah, basically I feel concerned about her attitude, and I really like her, so I wouldn't want her to be uncomfortable with me.
    What should I do?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm not very experienced in relationships so I may not have the best advice here but maybe you could try talking to her about it. You could start by telling her you've noticed she's been acting differently and ask if she's okay. Then you could ask if maybe she'd like to take things slower or if there's anything you can do to make her more comfortable. If she's a straightforward person, hopefully she'd respond well to this and be honest with you. But if she isn't, I wouldn't push her too much. Maybe she just needs time to get used to being in the relationship and it could take time. I hope this helps and good luck!<3

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She likely needs time to get used to the idea of being in a relationship like the person above me said. I have not been in a relationship, but did find that when someone wanted to get closer to me I would get distant mainly because I was and never been with anyone so even the idea of just hanging out getting to know them was very different to me. Don't take it personally she is likely discovering things about her feelings and such; just needs time to adjust. Give her space, but also ask if you can do anything and or if she is going through a difficult time assure her that you are there for her. Remember to take care of yourself and feel your feelings too. Don't get consumed into what she is thinking, but rather speak with her and tell her how you feel. Do not I repeat do not do any of this over text. Text to me is so impersonal that I have started to avoid using it since that is something the last person I was hanging out with and I did. I wish you best of luck. Remember take of yourself too. Best of luck.

4. kloulou

kloulou Guest

I'd suggest talking about it with her, perhaps see if there is a reason that she is acting this way. And if she doesn't want to tell you, maybe get a friend to ask her?
    It sounds to me like she might be getting a bit shy. A lot can change when you're in a relationship, it's very different from friendship. Or maybe she's waiting for something else to happen?...if you know what I mean :wink:
    Because she might be thinking nothing has changed if you don't make each other feel like girlfriends.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it though! I suggest casually asking her if everything is okay with you two and then see where it goes.
    But just remember, if you're not happy then something needs to change. Just figure out what needs to be the change and then you'll be happy ^-^