1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know if he's curious/questioning?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dillno21234, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi everybody. So I've recently gotten to know this guy who I wasn't sure about his sexuality at first, but apparently he does identify as straight. I was talking to my friend about him, and I was telling her that I liked him, but it was hopeless. She asked if I thought there was any chance, and I said I doubt it, and then I joked about "straight" guys liking me before. He was nearby and I know he was listening. Then my friend (she's very forward) asked him if he was gay, or bisexual. It was kind of weird, he wasn't offended or anything like that. He seemed sort of reserved about the whole thing being honest. He eventually said that he wasn't. Then she went further by asking him if he thought I was attractive. He did a little chuckle and said he wasn't gay. We eventually said we were just kidding about the whole thing. Since then, it's been a little weird between us. Not like bad weird necessarily. He still talks to me and is nice. But it just seems like that conversation is on his mind every time we're alone together. I even seem him looking at me sometimes. I just don't know to what extent it's on his mind. Whether positive or negative. What do you think? Any advice?

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear friend,

This not my usal field of work but I will try my hardest to make sense of this. From what I can tell he might be. Curious yes, gay no. But I will warn you curious people can take their time so be patient. Your answer may not come right away. If there is anything you need simply ask away

Sincerly,
    Wolf of The Baltic

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he knows you're gay, then you might talk to him in private and apologize for your friend's questioning. Something like that happened to me when I was in college and this mutual friend of a guy who was gay (but semi-closeted) asked if I knew about a gay dating app. I said no and tried to change the subject, she said sorry, and I kind of implied I wasn't gay because I was completely in the closet.