1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell someone at school?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ErickWolf, Jun 9, 2015.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's this guy at school who I'm planning on asking out soon since it definitely seems mutual, and while it's not going to be some serious relationship or anything, how do I eventually let him know I'm genderqueer (assuming he hasn't already picked up on it)? I typically wear guyish clothes and whatnot, but I'm not exactly...out to anyone at school, so I'm not sure if anyone actually knows. He's a really nice person and we get along great, and we have good chemistry, so I'm hoping this can work out if it becomes long-term. Hey, it might be "too early" to consider that an issue since we're only freshmen next year, but I figured I'd ask now instead of later. Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Cider

I would start dropping hints, and ask him how he feels about your situation. For example, you could ask him how he feels about a girl feeling more like a guy sometimes and vice versa. If the answers he gives point to accepting, then reveal yourself to him. Good luck!

3. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Once we get into longer conversations (we still get goofy and awkward when we talk a lot) I'll definitely try something like that.

4. bajel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I mean, if you guys ever start talking about being gay or orientations or whatever just bring up gender identity? He'll probably be fine with it. Also, it's never too soon to start living your life!!! Go for it, just don't get too serious too fast. Have fun in high school. It's supposed to be horrible, but I'm having a pretty good time so far :slight_smile:

5. Cider

Kinda off topic, but I just finished my freshman year of high school! I'm surprised I even survived that long :icon_wink

Once again, good luck OP!

6. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    High school sounds awesome since we get a lot more independence and classes that actually focus on what we want to do with our lives. I've been waiting for that kind of thing since elementary school; while they're pretty good about not doing folder checks this year, there shouldn't be any of that crap at all in high school. I've actually gotten an A brought down to a B last year because the science teacher always had to have everything her way...even if it meant we couldn't find anything! But back on topic (before I start yammering lol), I'm gonna talk to him this week. It's now or never since next week's the last week of school, and we'll be going to different high schools. I'm really excited now. \^w^/

7. bi2me

Good luck!