1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Friends Seem Different Now

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WolfyFluff, Jun 10, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I feel disconnected from my old friends. I haven't seen them for three years. I used to relate with them so much before that and do things like play video games, watch movies, and just hang out. Now I feel disconnected from them. I don't see the world as they do, and sometimes their views come off as hurtful or negative. I usually reflect on life most of the time and they usually never worry about that sort of thing. I'm always reading and wanting to know things, and they always working or playing video games. I still play video games but they're now just single player games. They more interested in things like anime, metal music, and staying home to relax. I sometimes watch anime and listen to metal music, but I hardly do that now. It feels as though something about me changed and I can't figure it out.

I believe it has to do my time in the military. It felt very isolating and started reading to pass the time, or play games. I never really enjoyed playing multiplayer games and started playing single player games. I started researching different topics and usually search for movies I have never heard of before or seen. I did those kind of things in my free time when I was in the military, and those may have contributed to my change.

I still don't think I changed much but it felt strange to see my friends after so long. I don't know if it's bad or good because they look happy and content about life, and I'm just feeling alone and looking for something to make me happy.

2. itsmary

Well, it seems like you have grown up. You're more interested in knowledge & they're still in the teenager phase.

You shouldn't feel bad about it, it's actually a big step! Congratulations on your change, some people never get through it :slight_smile: