1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Couple of Issues...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MTN94, Jun 10, 2015.

1. MTN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a couple of issues and feel at a bit of a loss and unsure where to go so I seen this site and decided to come here. It all starts really with a friend I used to have, we were very close for quite some years and she became the person I came out to when I was 16 (I'm 20 now) but about a year ago we had a big fall out to which I've never been able to forgive her since and I've been told I seem a lot better without her (I suffer with depression and people have noticed that I tend to be more down when with her) but I heard from a mutual friend a couple of days ago that she now thinks she's bisexual too. I feel a little hurt because after me coming out to her and her knowing I'd never judge or say anything I don't see why she couldn't tell me but my main problem is she told this mutual friend that she wished she still spoke to me to help her through this seeing how I'm completely open about myself now. My point being I can't put the past behind me and I'm not sure if I'm in the right mind frame at the minute to attempt to talk to her but part of me still cares so should I talk to her about it?

I also have an issue with a boy who I became infatuated with in a very short time. We met through our parents being friends and to be honest we've had small conversations here and there but never anything special but we've always got on and I've always been attracted to him. The other week though his mum sadly passed away and I went to the funeral and wake and we spoke (though we were both drunk) about his mum and how I should watch out for my mum who's the same age as his and also quite sick at the moment and he's worried but I feel terrible because as we're talking I started to feel for him I'm not sure if it was just because I felt sorry for him but I haven't had him out of my head since and before he left he gave me a hug but he wouldn't let me go for a good while and it just didn't help my feelings really and he said if I ever needed to talk (he was praising my courage for coming out) and offered to be there if I needed which I did too but I feel a little embarrassed because I texted him not even an hour after he left (just offering support really) but I think it might have come across as needy or obsessive and now I want to just ask how he is and if he's coping really but I'm scared of seeming more obsessive since he didn't reply to the first message. Should I just go for it and send him another message or should I just leave things be until he texts me if he ever needs to?
    Also he has a girlfriend so I don't think he is gay/bi so I know that nothing in that way will come out of it I just mainly want to try and support him as best as I can and be a friend.

I'm sorry for the essay but appreciate everyone who read through and any advice or help is gragreatly appreciated.

2. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    With your problem with your friend I would just talk to her and offer advice that you have. She probably wasn't comfortable or maybe she didn't know she was bi at the time, so I wouldn't be too hard on her. As for the guy, is text him. It can't hurt to give it a try especially if you're thinking about him constantly. If he doesn't respond at least it gave you some closure if he does that's even better.

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2015 at 11:44 PM ----------

Also, with your friend if tou do decided to give her advice don't feel pressured to become best friends again. If she really does put you in a bqd place I'd just let her know that you'll be there for her if you need her.