1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkwardness after confessing

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by daniele skates, Jun 11, 2015.

1. daniele skates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I told my straight friend I had feelings for her a few weeks ago. She totally is cool with it but doesn't feel the same way back. She told me she used to like me, but realized shes straight?? I don't know what that means. But anyways, we were fine at first but then I started to like her EVEN MORE, I don't know why. So I started to be really awkward around her and have been avoiding for the past few days even though we usually used to talk a few times a day. She is doing nothing wrong, and I even told her that I was being akward lately before I started avoiding her. It's just weird that I know she knows that I like her. How could I be less awkward and should I keep avoiding her?

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

It's not a good idea to avoid her.. unless you want to lose a friend. Avoiding her will just make things worse. Sad but true. I think the best thing you can do is try to get over her? I am sorry you feel like this.. Good luck x

3. heythere999

Oh man.... Either you have to be BEYOND patient and persistent or find a way to deal with it and move on. Neither option is ideal, unfortunately.

The fact that she admitted something like that showcases she has some inner demons to fight but there's really nothing you can do about it other than be patient and persistent (by persistent I don't mean trying to shove it in her head that she actually likes you and she just doesn't want to), or to get over her.