1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend with a Crush... :L

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AiOre, Jun 11, 2015.

1. AiOre

AiOre Guest

So.. I have this friend who's around my age. We talk a lot everyday either on Skype or on video games, and he's super sweet. He knows that I'm aromantic, genderfluid/flux and asexual but.. He keeps saying he'll change me from being aromantic to not being aromantic. He has a huge crush on me and well.. I don't like him back.

I've told him I'm not interested in him, that I don't like him the same way, yet he doesn't seem to listen. I just want us to be friends; I've told him multiple times that I want to be only friends. Are there any ways to make him realize that I don't want to change from being aromantic? :/ Thanks

2. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey AiOre,

I know it's easier said then done and it's probably the last thing you want to do. If it's gotten to the point where he will not stop talking about it, I would be honest with him. I would say "You are not going to change my mind, I still do not have feelings for you. If you are going to keep on talking about this, I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship. If you can't respect my sexual orientation and my wishes, it's going to make me question your friendship with me. I've said what I wanted to say and the ball is in your court, if you don't want to be friends with me anymore, fine. If you understand what I'm saying and respect that, I will respect you as I'm sure we have gotten to a place with our friendship where we can talk openly and honestly." I hope this helps?

3. AiOre

AiOre Guest

Thank you, Musicman. If it does ever get to the point when he won't stop talking about it, I'll say that. That helps out a lot, so thank you once again.