1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little problem...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Doctorlysomethn, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    OK... So I have recently started seeing this one guy who I like very much and who likes me a lot... however, a problem we're facing is how we're going to be together without our families overreacting at us being together, with possible disownership as they do not know both of us like each other and they are either religious or very homophobic...
    I've suggested to him that we say we're dating two of my friends who I know will gladly play along with our lie and will dissolve any suspicion that either family has over us with a new partner, and he's questioning if it'll work
    So I would like you to please help us out in whether you think it'll work, or if not, any suggestions as to how we can be together without upsetting our parents...
    Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

2. Sek

Sek

Telling lies to cover up a relationship is a slippery slope. It's hard to maintain a lie and it gets more difficult as time goes on. What if your friend can't or won't cover for you anymore? What if your parents get suspicious and do some snooping? There's many things that could lead to the lie being exposed.

Can it be done? Probably. But, will you? Well, that's another matter.. It all depends whether you feel it is right for you to take this risk. It's your decision and you know your situation better than anyone else.

However, I never think it's a good idea to keep homophobia in your life, even if it's from family members. Your life should not be lived through the expectations of others because YOU are the one having to deal with the consequences, not them. I'm not sure how dependent you are on your parents, but given your age it might be wise to think about how soon you can move out. Then you won't have to hide this part of yourself.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, for me and my relationship with my kid; i can contance just about anything but lying. but my relationship may not be the same as yours with your families.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lies really don't succeed as you have to add more lies to cover the previous lies.. and when you are ultimately exposed .. the trust with family (and yourself) has fractured

much better if you can find a more authentic way to be together

discuss other options and another route may be more appealing