1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to more folks

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Foxfeather, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey guys and gals and everything in between and out beyond----

I came out recently to a few more of my friends, some coworkers, et cetera, and everyone seems really supportive. If anything my friends are stronger advocates for gay marriage and rights than even I am and it makes me so happy to see this.

Problem is, I have parents who are on the traditional side and I don't think my father could stand keeping me in the house if I ever dated a woman, perhaps even if he just knew that I was bi (and wasn't even dating a woman).

Another problem is, I have a heavy crush on a straight girl (yes---the straight girl crush). As always, I'm left upset by this. I often wish that we didn't have to define love in terms of gender binaries. I'm not a physically unattractive person at all, nor do I have a bad personality.

But I am a woman and that can never change.

I don't feel like a man, but I often wish I could be a man so I could (a) date women and have them find me sexually attractive (b) possibly do what men do in bed with women. It just seems so messed up sometimes how things work out. I wish that love really were only for love, but unfortunately apparently most of the population isn't as open-minded about what sex their lover is as I am.

Wish me luck. And if you have any advice/words to offer, please, I welcome your advice.