1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly question, but want opinions...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Veuve, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Veuve

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, the situation involves a girl that I am getting to know. We have known one another for more than a year, but have just recently acknowledged that we have felt an attraction to one another for some time. We have decided to start slow. We have not even kissed yet but are on the cusp of it when we are together. We have intimate contact, lingering long hugs etc....I am good with the pace, things are going very well and we are heading in the right direction. I was out of town for a week about a month ago, we missed one another like crazy. I am now away for 4 days and we joked that we should play a fame of not contacting one another at all while I am gone to see if someone would break down and make contact. Super silly game, I know, but it sure intensifies the feelings we have. Soooo, here is the question - do I stay strong and not contact her for the 4 days? Or do I give in? Waiting will surely make our reunion after the 4 days pretty intense, but am I missing an opportunity by not making contact? Is there greater value in breaking first to tell her that she is on my mind and I could not wait the 4 days? Anyone want to weigh in with an opinion on my silly game? LOL, thanks :slight_smile:

2. Lyana

Hi Veuve, and congrats on the blossoming thing with this girl. It sounds hella cute.

Since this has been going on for over a month, apparently, and you seem to talk/see each other a lot, in other circumstances I would have said, "Contact her when you feel like it." Communication is really one department in which I don't censor myself when there's mutual interest with someone. If I want to see her, I'll tell her. And if I miss texting her, I'll text her!

But in your case, the game has been mutually agreed on, so it's not like she'll get anxious if she doesn't receive anything from you. She won't think you're angry or upset. So if you think not making contact will be fun, then feel free to... not make contact.

In my opinion, I'm not sure how much more intense a reunion will be after no-contact. I suppose you'll initially have more things to say, but beyond that... If you missed each other "like crazy" the last time you were out of town and stayed in contact, that reunion must've been nice.

Besides, being told "I'm thinking of you, I miss you," by someone you also miss is pleasant.

3. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are already missing her, aren't you? :slight_smile: It's nice to show affection or the fact that you actually care .. Give her a surprise visit if possible or leave a really sweet sms letting her know how much you missed her .. Followed by a call :wink:

She would love it, I'm sure :slight_smile:

4. Veuve

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you both for your thoughts on this silly situation :slight_smile: Turns out SHE was the one to 'break' first. We are busy people with full lives. Truth of the matter is that we, even at this stage, are silly to play this kind of game when it is very obvious that we do not wish to be apart. Thanks again for weighing in, I appreciate it!