1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating in high school.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by staries, Jun 15, 2015.

1. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I plan on socially transitioning over the summer and identifying as a boy. I feel like dating in high school would be different for me than a cis person. Would people look at me as a boy or just a tomboy?

2. J Q

J Q

It all depends on how you go about it, and how accepting your school is. For me, I introduced to everyone as a male and no one has any solid proof of me being afab. I go to a very open school, and they are very accommodating [changing my name in the books, keeping everything hush hush, ect.] If being 'stealth' is not possible or not what you want to do, make sure everyone in your social circle is clear about you, and being assertive can't hurt. [Don't allow stuff like 'Ohhh, but I've known you for so long! I'll just use [birth name]]. If there is someone you are interested in, be sure you know them well enough because being in any relationship involves trust & acceptance, and since yours may be a bit different, it will be even more important. If you are not planning on having sex with your partner, I son't see why what's 'down there' should matter, but some might disagree. Again, knowing people's views and being clear with them will help you loads.

Sorry if this turned out ramble-y! Message me if you have stuff to talk about, I guess,

3. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Staries,

Well I have dated some trans men before as a young adult. It first of all depends on if you're dating a cis person or a trans person, and if you are dating a cis person are they a member of the queer community or not. For me I am a cis woman and lesbian who dated trans guys or people questioning their genders. For my longest relationship, which was with a trans man we began dating before they 'came out'. So at first I recognized my partner as a tomboy, although I wasn't completely shocked when he wanted to transition.

For most of the relationship, and even for every relationship I have ever had I always see my partners as queer. It's hard to explain, we are just the exception to all the rules society placed for us, we challenge ourselves and other people around us, we are hard to peg. We are just queer.

For dating in high school...I don't know who exactly you're interested in. I know a lot of queer-identifying people who will date trans people on individual basis of course. It's not something I really seek in a person, but something that just happens? Falling in love is strange thing.

I guess the main thing is you want a person who views you as their partner more than anything else.

4. Vashta Nerada

In not sure what age you are, but in my school a couple of people have transitioned (from 14-17 years old) and if it's a majority accepting the rest will follow very easily.