1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old relation ship to friends with benefits

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shyboy123, Jun 16, 2015.

1. shyboy123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My bi friend \ the person I like has told me that he is not ready to commit to a relationship because he is still getting over an old one. So he wanted to still be friends but I was thinking weather or not its a good idea to change it to be friends with benefits. We have had sex before. So what do you think.

2. nothereanymo

if he's willing and you're willing, why not? I would go for it.

3. Lyana

Hm, tough one. It depends on the extent of your feelings for him, and how capable you are of separating sex from love and not, I suppose, "hoping" for too much.
    A friends with benefits situation where one has feelings for the other usually leads to that person getting hurt, so I wouldn't really encourage you to do it.
    That said, if, knowing the risks, you want to go ahead, and he agrees... I can't protest.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old is your friend? I agree with Lyana that the danger is that eventually one person starts to want things to be more than friends.