1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age foiled me again..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Just1Dude, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey-o everyone..

I turn 30 the first week in July. I had been starting to come to grips with it. I know it isn't "old" but I have been having a hard time with it. I am the youngest out of 4 and just seeing life keepin on truckin while I still feel left behind gets to me at times.

Well with that being said. I may be turning 30, but I look very young. Most of the time people think I am 10 years younger than I am. It does make me feel good at times! Well my age was confused again and it wasn't a good time :frowning2:

I was at the gym today and this extremely attractive guy was there. I had seen him before and he shot me glances, but I'm terribad at the flirting game (always have been) and I am still not out so I brushed it off. Well he was there again today sitting on his phone. I was just finishing up and started heading out. He ran out and caught me at my car. He said "I am going to be ballsy right now and ask you a question." I could feel the shocked "wtf" look on my face, haha.

"Would you... like to go and do something some time? Like maybe food and a movie?" I said "...like a ...date?" When I said that his face turned white as a sheet. I know that feeling of dread all to well myself, haha.

"Yes..?" (Now let me tell you again. This guy is so.damn.attractive that I can barely contain, but I also didn't want to yell it out for everyone to hear.) I said "Are you gay then?" He said "Yes." I said "Well I am bi (his face brightened) but I am not out at all."

"That is fine! fine!" he said. Then the *bleh* happened. I turned to his truck and noticed the parking sticker for the college. I thought surely he is mid-twenties(I was too hopefull), he looks it... but I don't look my age. I asked him how old he was "17" -ouch- then I said "Oh.. I am really sorry, but I am an old man.. much too old for you." He asked how old I was and I said "30 in a few weeks." The look of shock and *damnit* on his face was verrry apparent haha. He said "oh, age is nothing but a number!" "Sorry buddy, but I can't. *sadface* I can be there for you though if you need something to talk about etc etc."

"Okay...I still can't believe you are 30. I thought you were 19!"

-.- /facedesk. :eusa_doh: I guess a person could say "you still got it!" but it really put a damper on everything for me. I will eventually kick myself out of that mood, but this one stung! Someone finally comes up to me then *boom* right in the chest.

I never really ever get approached and asked out to anything. It was nice being asked, but... well dang I can't really express myself too well at the moment. I will just put "dang!"

Anyone else go through anything similar? Or anyone have any great news they would like to share! Might help to read something great!

2. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I definitely wouldn't see this as a negative (being mistaken for younger). Was it that he was 17 and not yet 18 that put you off? Or is there a set age difference that you would consider a deal breaker?

You got hit on! That's a positive by anybody's standard. The one time I got hit on it was a girl (classmate I had gotten to know all semester, it was literally right after the final) and I had to... awkwardly stumble... through... the... "explanation".

3. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not really good with the age gap. I had a gf that was 6 years younger than I was and I had a hard time with that as well. At 30 I can see myself dating someone 25, I could possibly go lower but only if they were mature... well on "my" maturity level ha!

Yes, getting hit on does feel pretty good. :slight_smile: One of these days I am sure the right one will happen for me.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you did the right thing. Maybe you should ask if he has an older gay friend, lol! But, I do think it would be useful if you started to find some gay/bi friends around your age if only to help with the socialization aspects of coming out.