1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling in love with a straight girl...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Imjustme23, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Imjustme23

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe the title was a little misleading....I FELL in love with a straight girl.

And we were in an on/off relationship for six years. My first and only relationship. I don't know if its in my nature to overlook the harmful things I see people do but I truly feel like I ignored the signs.

We started dating at 16, living together at 18, completely broken up at 23. So, so many ups and downs. I should've walked away at 18. The last time we did anything physical was in February. I recently got a call from the health department stating I had been exposed to syphilis. Wow......never ever have I had an STD. I knew it was from her before she even called to tell me.

Maybe I was wrong but I had to know about the person I was spending so much time with. So I checked her email. As the saying goes" Don't go looking if you're not ready to find anything." I really wasn't ready.

She had an ad of herself posted, I couldn't find the link, but all the communication was done by email. She was prostituting herself. The person who layed in my bed most nights, cuddled against my warmth, was selling something so valuable to complete and total strangers.

I am stunned, shocked, and disgusted.

#1 Imjustme23, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am really sorry about this, and it's very horrible she betrayed your trust and infected you. Please try to get treatment ASAP to hopefully get a cure.

Also, try to separate her decisions from your self worth. Even if you may have been too trusting, it was her choice to be a prostitute and practice unsafe sex (definitely sounds like she has some problems of her own). You have a right to get angry and even try to find legal recourse if you want, but that's still looking backward. Try to keep your focus on the present and living your own life, dating other women without thinking about your bad relationship with your ex.