1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A heart broken rant more then anything

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bookworm1986, Jun 18, 2015.

1. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been texting and hanging with this guy who'll we'll call F since March. We meet on an orange app. I liked him and then I did the one thing that most people already know not to do but I didn't, I fell in love. I've never been in love, this was/is my first time.

He had it all looks, personality and he was my friend. About 2 weeks ago I confessed a crush and ask him out via text. He never replied, finally today he replied and siad we're no longer friends. I thought it was the confession, but no turns out he says that people I know have been talking to him about me on this orange app. He siad I broke his trust and friendship. I screen shot my contacts and we were friends on Facebook, do he can see all my friends, and I sent the screen grabs to him.

He siad he didn't need proof, what was siad to him was enough. Here's the confusing part NONE of my friends are on this app. All 5 of my friends are girls and straight. I don't have any male friends, literally none. So who the hell is talking about me and worst why would he believe it and not ask me. He told me I'd find someone else and not to contact him anymore.

I deleted all his text and number and Unfriended him on facebook. I've put up a brave front for my friends, but I have been crying my eyes out on my mom's shoulder. She tells it will take time, all wounds heal in time I will find the right guy. I'm 29, I'm too old and I feel horrible. I want to numb this pain this unbearable pain. I can't take it, why would he believe it. He's not the type to believe gossip and I thought he was perfect. I want to feel nothing. Absolutely nothing, I never want to fall in love, I'm broken and so hurt.

Thank for reading this, it's long but I can't hold it in. I cry I shout, I wish he would text and say it was all a mistake and we're friends and perhaps more. I wish I could turn my heart to stone so I wouldn't feel this pain.

2. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you ever meet him in person? Almost sounds like a catfish to me.

3. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We hungout in person on various occasions, what I liked is he always walked me to my car. We went to the same high school but never interacted because he's 2 yrs younger.

4. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

The fact that there is literally nobody that could be talking about you on that app means either 1) he's lying about that as an excuse for not wanting to be your friend anymore (for whatever reason) or 2) he'd rather listen to and believe things that aren't true over anything you, the actual person, might have to say.

Neither of these things puts him in a great light. If he has trust issues that might explain believing others over you, but then if that were true he might be more trouble than he's worth (if he's always going to be suspicious or jealous, that's just a lot of unnecessary tension for a relationship). If he's lying to get out of being friends then... well, lying is never a good thing.

He's already asked you not to contact him again. As hard as it might be I would try to honor that.

On the other hand, if I were in the same situation, and felt I absolutely had to say one last thing, it would be this (because f*ck rumors): "If you think I'm anything other than a good honest person, then that's your mistake to make. I thought you were a good person too because your actions told me so. If there's any doubt now it's because of the way you've treated me and NOT because of what someone else said."

But that's just me.

5. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish I had your balls, I so would do that lol. Just thinking about it makes me smile, Thank you I needed that. I really did. Also you hit the nail on the head, he does have trust issues. Which made me feel special because he confided in me, I did in him as well. It's the emotional connection I miss, you know.

#5 bookworm1986, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  6. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I totally get this. I'm in a situation right now with someone I should probably stop considering a friend because... well, despite what he says he doesn't really behave like a friend. It's my fault, I contacted him after a long time of neither of us communicating, but I needed someone to talk to and the connection we had in the past made me ignore my gut instinct of just leaving him alone. I kinda wish he said something like your friend did, that would make it easier to be all "wtf man?" but instead he just doesn't respond anymore. I guess I'd rather have the finality of being told the friendship is over than the sting of just being ignored.

7. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was there too for a week, I still don't fully understand why he choose to listen to them but ok. You and I need to find better male friends lol, because this is just too crazy and painful. I wish you luck.

8. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Crazy and painful indeed. I didn't want to think years and years of friendship could be thrown away like that but... oh well.

Luck to you as well.

9. michaeljx30

I've been through this situation! Met a guy on a dating app, however my profile came up on his and he was curious! We got talking, made it clear he was straight and i was confused, but into lads! he said he was 'cool'. Exchanged social media accounts, text each other daily! Stop speaking for 3 days and he un-friended me on everything! He was also perfect, and i had fell in love so it hurt like crazy!

I messaged him several times to get no reply, i even called him up and said whats your problem for him to put the phone down. Believe me i know it sucks, and at time i felt like a stalker with how much i was messaging him just to find out what the issue was but it honestly does get easier and better! Probably thinking 'easy to say' but i have been through it, take each day as it comes and you soon begin to forget them! I'm over my friend, i hope we never speak again because I've come to realise it's his loss! I miss him yeah, but it is what it is!

If your friend can believe what other people are saying, then he doesn't sound like a nice guy to be around! If this guy has trust issues, and you were there to support him and for him to confide in to, then he has lost a good friend because i don't think you've done anything wrong, and you never feel as though u have!

10. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did the same thing, for a week I messaged him, I apologized for confessing my crush and that I prefer to havé him in my life then not at all Yesterday was the first time he wrote me in a week and a half. I wish I could forget all the small details about him that I liked like our similar interests and his love of disney. I don't want my memories to be haunted, you know.

11. michaeljx30

yeah it completely sucks! the time you spend apart, you miss every little thing! I do hope you guys manage to sort it out, or he comes round because you haven't actually done anything wrong!

12. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you, I don't think he ever wants to speak to me again and it's hard to accept and it hurts. He's the kind of person that once he's made up his mind he won't change it.