1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grandma thinks I need to grow out of my sexuality.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fandom obsessed, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Fandom obsessed

She told me earlier that one day I will grow up. And it kind of bothered me. She told me that I am turning 18 soon so I can call myself whatever I want, what she meant by that is I came out as a lesbian to EVERYBODY. And I am confident about it and if they don't like it I tell them to leave me alone then. But anyway my stepmom is Bisexual she knew this since she was 16 and she is 30 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But my grandma sees it as us needing to learn about ''the real world'' like you can't be gay in ''the real world'' what does that even mean? I love my girlfriend to death and she and my mom disapproves of her. I can't even imagine how they would act if me and my lover decided to get married. Also I'm going to Pride with my girlfriend tomorrow and our state is pending on gay marriage. We hope it will be legal here so that if we decided to get engaged we will be able to if we stay in this state <3 But anyway I guess I am ranting but this kind of bothered me today :dry:

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Ugh, she sounds stuck in the past. So sorry you have to deal with this.