1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will I ever get over him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LostFaith, Jun 20, 2015.

1. LostFaith

LostFaith Guest

Hi everyone,
    I could really use some advice about some guy I cant get over with. I've meet this guy like year ago when me and him were traveling and we just happen to be at the same country for one day. long story short - we exchange our numbers and after week of skyping and spending hours on smiling to my phone, I put myself into plane and go to visit him. I was planning to spend there like few days but we talked it over and I spend with him two weeks, two wonderful weeks. Before i went there, when we were talking on skype, phone i thought that he might be the one but that felling just happen to disappear after few days i spend with him. I started to look at him more like a friend, not a future boyfriend. When i was back home we were still in touch but we haven't spend much time one the phone like we used to. The day were passing i was extremely busy with work and some things that come out, so i basically didn't have time to think about him. until one day when he send over some foto of us, and then all memorise of that wonderful time was back in my head, i couldn't focus on anything else, all i could do was playing it over in my head and thinking that maybe he was the one i suppose to spend my life with, that if i played it differently i could be with him etc. I've done everything i could to get over him: I do not have any contact with him, i don't keep that photos on my phone, i deleted his phone number... Since then I've been dating others guys and it always end up the same - if they were decent and we enjoyed each other company, i was proposing them to be friends, since i couldn't date someone and at the very same time thinking about another one. So guys would you give me advice and hope that I will be able to get over this guy?

PS I do hope that my English is understandable for you guys. If its not I will try to rephrase my story.

2. edjs

edjs Guest

I think you most likely will get over him after a period of time.

I wouldn't start dating so soon if I were you though. It might be a good idea to focus on something else for now, e.g. a project, work, or hobby etc. Something productive and fulfilling that will make you feel more happy about yourself and get you out of the emotional low.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Has he ever visited you? What did he say about the relationship? Did he really like you?

It seems like you liked him very much. Have you ever thought about moving or asking him if he could move near you?

Also, it seems like some of the best relationships start as friendships. Don't just give up so fast.

4. LostFaith

LostFaith Guest

Yes, after some time I realized how much I like him and how much I care. I don't know if he really like me. apparently I have trouble talking about felling so I didn't even ask etc. He knew that I was thinking about moving out to country he lived in, and he was happy about this moving out thing but it had nothing to do with him whatsoever since I was planning to do so before I meet him (more or less I tell him about my plans that way - silly me). Even if he liked me I gave him all the reason to move on. Like I told you guys I was treating him more like a friend, so after few days when I was back home I went for a date, and of course when he asked me where I was going out I told him that I was on a date. Did I played it wrong or he never really like me and no matter what I would do it wouldn't work?

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it can be really tough if someone likes you and then you say you are dating. I think you need to get a better understanding of what he really feels for you, and that would also allow you to explain you realized how much you like him. Just try it. There is no more risk than what has already happened.

If you can't reach him or he's moved on, then that will hopefully give you some closure. I think that will help you get over him, which is your stated goal. In some ways, you never get over a love/crush. You just learn to not let the loss take over the rest of your life.